Farmer's Group

Thanks to both FEENIX and Bob. Bob, I do agree that it is a great way to get my feet wet. I do believe I'd like to one day own my own agency but yes, I do want to make sure it's something I would enjoy first. And that's good to know FEENIX. We really have not discussed whether or not I will be setting my own hours and such however if I'm an independent contractor, I'd definitely want to do that, along with working from a home office once I start producing. I'd rather do that than pay for any office space.

I have begun to take the steps and prep for taking the P&C and then the L&H in Texas. I have not signed with Farmers but they are luring me in so to speak. Could I take my licenses and begin as a producer in a Farmers agency to start? The DM and his reserve field manger are promising a good training program, my office would be in their building for access etc. I am new to this I want to learn the pros and cons. In addition there is a reasonable possibility I may decide to move to FL in 1-2 years. What would you recommend?

If it is a Good possibility you'll move to FL then work for another agent & learn all you can. You definitely don't want to start a scratch agency & then move in 2 years as you'll lose a ton of money & momentum in the process.

Be a student of the business & learn all you can, then move is my advice.

Best of luck!

Back