FCGS and Lincoln Heritage

They are no where near the number 1 FE company. That is their big lie though.

As for the FCGS, it's nothing but a gimmick. But here's the story, we pay within 24 hours of death. No death cert needed, we pay. So we will negotiate with the funeral home to get you the best rate because we pay within 24 hours we have leverage. Funeral home have to use any casket and cannot charge a handling fee so we will shit one to them if they won't cooperate.

Sounds like a plan if you don't know the whole truth. They do pay within 24 hours on non contestable claims. There's the rub. They won't do anything on contestable claims except maybe make a phone call and beg the funeral home to give you a deal. Which in turn only serves to piss off the people at the funeral home at an already bad time for the family.

They have absolutely no leverage with the 24 hours. Any funeral home in America can get paid within 24 hours on a non contestable claim simply by doing an assignment.

I drank the LH kool aid too. LH was my first true FE company I ever contracted with. I believed that crap too because I didn't know any better. I'm sure I told people that LH was number 1 because I was told LH was number 1.

15 years into being FE focused now and I can say that only 2 companies I've ever dealt with are worse than LH.
And those two are?

They are no where near the number 1 FE company. That is their big lie though.

As for the FCGS, it's nothing but a gimmick. But here's the story, we pay within 24 hours of death. No death cert needed, we pay. So we will negotiate with the funeral home to get you the best rate because we pay within 24 hours we have leverage. Funeral home have to use any casket and cannot charge a handling fee so we will shit one to them if they won't cooperate.

Sounds like a plan if you don't know the whole truth. They do pay within 24 hours on non contestable claims. There's the rub. They won't do anything on contestable claims except maybe make a phone call and beg the funeral home to give you a deal. Which in turn only serves to piss off the people at the funeral home at an already bad time for the family.

They have absolutely no leverage with the 24 hours. Any funeral home in America can get paid within 24 hours on a non contestable claim simply by doing an assignment.

I drank the LH kool aid too. LH was my first true FE company I ever contracted with. I believed that crap too because I didn't know any better. I'm sure I told people that LH was number 1 because I was told LH was number 1.

15 years into being FE focused now and I can say that only 2 companies I've ever dealt with are worse than LH.

I love the “pay in 24 hrs “ . Avg contestable claim I’ve seen takes 2-4 months depending on how quick the beneficiary takes to get the records . I assure you sl and lh deny 75% of contestable claims

I appreciate the input. I've met people there 10 + years ... They are the largest F.E. company in the U.S. We can say it's fake but I've seen handwritten letters and video testimonials of people happy the guardians were there. I was told the FCGS is a subsidiary of L.H. Also, it does add up that if a funeral home gets a call from them that they will not attempt to "pad" the prices ..? Of course if you are selling on premium / face amount ONLY ... your logic is cogent.

So - I believe you already had the answer to your question before you posted it . . .

I love the “pay in 24 hrs “ . Avg contestable claim I’ve seen takes 2-4 months depending on how quick the beneficiary takes to get the records . I assure you sl and lh deny 75% of contestable claims

I said non contestable. They pay non contestable claims in 24 hours. But anyone can get paid in 24 hours from any company on non contestable claims.

I would need to see proof to believe that SL and/or LH pay even 25% of contestable claims.

I should have said 3, but it's a tie. SNL, Americo and AmAm

I just had Am Am pay a $15K contestable claim .For 6 yrs I had no contestable claims and the last 2 years I’ve had 5 . 3 paid and 2 Denied .

I just had Am Am pay a $15K contestable claim .For 6 yrs I had no contestable claims and the last 2 years I’ve had 5 . 3 paid and 2 Denied .

I'm not talking about how any of them pay. Although that's a part of it. I only had one contestable claim with AmAm. They didn't pay it. I've never had a contestable claim with SNL.

If someone at Americo told me they pay more than 10% of contestable claims I would want them to be hooked up to a lie detector.

I said non contestable. They pay non contestable claims in 24 hours. But anyone can get paid in 24 hours from any company on non contestable claims.

I would need to see proof to believe that SL and/or LH pay even 25% of contestable claims.
I was with LH for about 5 years, but no longer with them I had 2 contestable claims and they paid on both of them. I had no complaints at all on their paying the claims.

I was with LH for about 5 years, but no longer with them I had 2 contestable claims and they paid on both of them. I had no complaints at all on their paying the claims.

Is that supposed to be proof that LH pays more than 25% of contestable claims? Ask any funeral home what their experiences with LH paying is. Hell, ask LH for the numbers. But save your time, LH will not tell you what their percentage of paid contestable claims is. The industry average is 40%. Without a doubt LH is one that bring that average down.

There's a lady who was a heavy hitter at LH but she left LH after a dispute. After leaving what blew her mind was the options available as an independent. I'm not posting her name because I don't have permission but if you do a you tube search on why I left LH she should pop up.

Yeah I know people leave companies all the time and social media will bash most any company but if I remember correctly it was something contractual. Anywho oh yeah watch the movie Burial on Prime.

Back