FE Agents And Dogs, Cigarette Smoke

noah

Guru
1000 Post Club
Why do so many of our people have dogs living inside their houses ?

I have been bitten a few times,slobbered on numerous times.

Most popular breed for our people seem to be chihuahuas for some reason ?

Yesterday I was in a house and the lady had 4 of them that never stopped barking the entire time I was there. There was poop on the floor, one of the males was trying to hump another male,the place stunk.

It's getting to a point with me that I'm going to ask the person to step outside to discuss the lead card.

Same with smokers,especially when there are multiple smokers and they never open a window.

What are some of the ways to get them to step outside without losing the sale or offending them ?

This is the clientele we are dealing with brother. If it is really bad, just make an assumptive suggestion and say "man it sure is a nice day outside today, lets sit out here for a few minutes." I say this even if it's raining or it's a little chilly. If they know its not going to be an all day thing, the prospect, in my experience will step outside.

If you get that rare person that won't follow you, do your best to make a quick presentation and cut right to the chase. Find out quickly if they are time wasters and get the heck out of there. If I have a sale, I'll sit in a pig sty for half an hour to make $600-$1000.

The best and most pure kind of fun is the stuff you have to do that absolutely SUCKS in the moment, but gives you a story you can tell for years to come!

I think that is the mentality you need to take to deal with some of these people.

Some tips for when you get stuck in those crazy situations...
1. Have some mouth wash handy and to put under your nose to help with the 'odors' you will encounter
2. Always keep an extra change of clothes in your car
3.Do your best to have fun with it, and tell yourself that a great story will come out of this precarious situation :)

I have been bitten a few times,slobbered on numerous times.

Most of the clients that did this to me... I knew were going to be issued GI.:laugh:

Yesterday I was in a house and the lady had 4 of them that never stopped barking the entire time I was there. There was poop on the floor, one of the males was trying to hump another male,the place stunk.

It's getting to a point with me that I'm going to ask the person to step outside to discuss the lead card.

Same with smokers,especially when there are multiple smokers and they never open a window.

I guess I look at it a bit different... It's their home... however humble it may be... It's their castle... however cluttered, smelly or disheveled it may seem...

We are but visitors and we need to act accordingly... it is common courtesy.
"I am no better than they and they are no less than I." Let this be your motto. :)

Look past what you see... and see what many have not seen in a long time... someone of value. :yes:

I know and understand what you are thinking... I've been there, but never let it escape you that most of these people have worked hard, reared children, and deserve an agent that can appreciate them for who they are.

You ask to meet with a client in their home and then complain about the way the live? I guess you could arrange to meet at McD's, pay for their lunch, and not make a sale. Do you complain about the drink they offer you? Look down your nose much? Does their check clear? That is all you should worry about

You ask to meet with a client in their home and then complain about the way the live? I guess you could arrange to meet at McD's, pay for their lunch, and not make a sale. Do you complain about the drink they offer you? Look down your nose much? Does their check clear? That is all you should worry about

Did I strike a nerve ? Is that how you live ?

I don’t judge them I’m there to write business.

I do have a right to protect my health,right ?

Take control. Tell them to put the dogs up. "Miss Mary can you put the dogs outside or in a room please." No question mark at the end.

Same with the smoking. "Miss Mary do you think the smoke will mess with my asthma?" A little less controlling. More passive aggressive, but it works. Actually if you give them the right look, they will ask if it's ok if they can smoke, then I'd say, "I don't know. Do you think it would be bad for my asthma?"

We may be their guests, but they're invading my space with their dogs and invading my lungs with their bad habit. Take control and make em stop.

I've been climbed on and gotten fleas from cats, had kids barf on me, sat on what was left of a sofa after the dogs ate it. If I walk out with an application all is good. If I don't I move on to the next person. Some of my best and longest clients don't have the best standard of living but guess who they call when they need something? If you visited my home and showed offense to any manner in which I lived so that you asked me to step outside to discuss the policy, I would follow you to the door and shut it behind you. My house is far from immaculate and my mastiffs drool but my home is clean, my scotch is expensive, and my cigars last 2 hours when I smoke outside

Back