FE Agents be Careful with Dignity Planning

They have MUCH better death protection for people who aren't healthy. I just gave a pre-need quote to a mother for her 30-year old daughter who has brain cancer and is under hospice care. She can pay $93 monthly and have $3,500 coverage in 6-months, $7,000 in 12-months and $10,000+ policy growth in 24 months.

For people who need a graded policy it is a huge advantage especially if they are likely to die in the first two years.

For people who want to pay their policy off in full in a short period of time, the pre-need policy is more attractive to them. For people who want the lowest monthly payment over their lifetime, the FE is better.

$93/month x 6 mos. = $558 paid into the pre-need, while under hospice care, and she already has $3500 coverage? I don't know anything about pre-need..just do FE very well. How can this pre-need Co. stay in business? (If under hospice care she probably won't make it to 6 mos.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think all FE agents would be smart to have a Preneed agent the refer cases back and forth with.
Families that have seriously ill members would benefit knowing their Preneed options.
Preneed agents can refer plenty of cases to an FE agent of people who want to preplan and just can't afford to.
I would be happy to work with you on the case depending on which state you are in.

Hey Newby, I'm in NC, Ala., Va., La., Tenn., and Ia. Please call me 252-292-3350 if you think we can do some business together.

Last edited:
Theinsuranceman,
as you know, one of the big Preneed players is Lincoln Heritage. I belive that is a company near and dear to you.
Part of how they limit writing too much bad business is 12 month chargebacks in the case of death.

This was thread was started back in 2008. Anyone have any experience with Dignity Planning? Did or is SCI going after the life business?

This was thread was started back in 2008. Anyone have any experience with Dignity Planning? Did or is SCI going after the life business?

It's still around. I know that American Memorial will pay an extra 5% on any applications that have the Dignity Planner worksheets filled out.

Back