FE Neighborhood

"Let's plant some catnip," she said. "It'll be fun," she said. And then the addicts moved in and the neighborhood's never been the same.

13434898_10206489092606443_8770023823439658200_n.jpg

I saw something like this before. Right next to a restaurant. Best Chinese food I've ever had...but the meat was a little chewy. :biggrin:

I saw something like this before. Right next to a restaurant. Best Chinese food I've ever had...but the meat was a little chewy. :biggrin:

Overseas there were these little BBQ stands everywhere we all just called them monkey meat stands. We always jokes about the lack of stray cats and dogs.

One early morning my buddy and I decided to go back to the ship and risk getting caught by the constables, Marshal Law curfew was midnight. We thanked our hostesses for the fine hospitality and foot bailed. So we are zig zagging our way through the town trying not to catch a 45 slug between the shoulder blades. We pass two different houses where they had Monkey Meat carts on the side of the house and people had dogs hanging on the patios in different stages of butchering.

We did not eat at one of those stands for almost a day after. That stuff was addicting!

Overseas there were these little BBQ stands everywhere we all just called them monkey meat stands. We always jokes about the lack of stray cats and dogs.

One early morning my buddy and I decided to go back to the ship and risk getting caught by the constables, Marshal Law curfew was midnight. We thanked our hostesses for the fine hospitality and foot bailed. So we are zig zagging our way through the town trying not to catch a 45 slug between the shoulder blades. We pass two different houses where they had Monkey Meat carts on the side of the house and people had dogs hanging on the patios in different stages of butchering.

We did not eat at one of those stands for almost a day after. That stuff was addicting!
Thanks for not eating my relatives.:)

The rest of the story:

So Billy and I are making our way back to the Boat. We hear the constables on another street so we start running. Well, FN Billy was a track guy in High School, while I was the guy drinking and smoking with the athletes girlfriends and sisters at the sporting events.

Billy is a full block ahead of me laughing like a drunken Sailor, well, because we were. Just then a little constable with a big As 45 rounds the corner and yells at Billy " You Stop, You Stop or I shoot you!" Billy drops a gear and morphs into a Mexican Flash. The little constible did not see me and I could not have stopped in time anyway so I body block him. The little guys goes flying one way the big As 45 the other. My feet also grew wings. Little guy is blowing his whistle and here come his buddies. We round the next corner and the Marines guarding the base entrance are yelling Run! Run! " No Chit Sherlock!" Billy helps drag my gasping self over the bridge and we live to be ugly Americans for another day in another port. 'Merica!

Saw a few dogs hanging in the butcher shop window when I was on liberty in Naples. They had those stands there as well, frankfurters and sausage (dog) patties with a slice of italian bread.

The rest of the story:

So Billy and I are making our way back to the Boat. We hear the constables on another street so we start running. Well, FN Billy was a track guy in High School, while I was the guy drinking and smoking with the athletes girlfriends and sisters at the sporting events.

Billy is a full block ahead of me laughing like a drunken Sailor, well, because we were. Just then a little constable with a big As 45 rounds the corner and yells at Billy " You Stop, You Stop or I shoot you!" Billy drops a gear and morphs into a Mexican Flash. The little constible did not see me and I could not have stopped in time anyway so I body block him. The little guys goes flying one way the big As 45 the other. My feet also grew wings. Little guy is blowing his whistle and here come his buddies. We round the next corner and the Marines guarding the base entrance are yelling Run! Run! " No Chit Sherlock!" Billy helps drag my gasping self over the bridge and we live to be ugly Americans for another day in another port. 'Merica!

Been chased by a few law enforcement types as well. We always out ran them.

Back