Federal Exchange Re-register?

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Do we have to reregister to sell on the fed exchange. I retook all the courses about a month ago but do we have to reregister>

Do we have to reregister to sell on the fed exchange. I retook all the courses about a month ago but do we have to reregister>

Most carriers have requested the official CMS certification to be sent to them. I suppose this can be considered a re-registration.

The FFM original registration is not required. Just the courses, and they say if you were sure to use your original FFM/correct NPN to register for those, you are fine. I am making sure all my carriers have my certificate for 2015 plans, so I can use them/get paid.

At least one carrier I saw said the certificate to the carrier is due before 11/15/14. The FFM certification courses are over as of 9/30/14.

At least one carrier I saw said the certificate to the carrier is due before 11/15/14. The FFM certification courses are over as of 9/30/14.

Who is that carrier YorkRiver? They're actually showing some common sense, since 9/30/14 was the cutoff date for taking the recertification exams and 2015 enrollment does commence until 11/15/14.

On the other hand, carriers are supposed to strip&flip off agents that aren't recertified, if a SEP application arrives with his/her name attached. I think your commission stopped on 9/30/14 on existing business too?

I don't know...just do what they tell ya! :goofy:

You know my certificates said I took the courses before the 30th but I had a hard time shrinking it down to the size it wanted and finally got it to them on October 1st. Is their anything else I need to do since I sent it on October 1st?

March 5, 2015

Anyone know more about this major "update" that CMS is planning?

"The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) says an update of a major exchange agent and broker registration program may affect 172,525 people."

Ref: HealthCare.gov managers post agent count | LifeHealthPro

Nothing specific is referenced here, but maybe they are going to come up with more requirements for certification. My guess is they'll come up with some awful certification and marketing oversight requirements just like they have in the Medicare Advantage Market. . . . .but, I'm just guessing. . . .

Latest posts

Back