Feedback for New Options

LOL .....You carry that stat like a badge of honor "80% OFF Exchange"!

Well thats cool...... I'll carry my "99% ON Exchange" badge!

When I go to the store to buy stuff the clerk doesn't care if the money came from ON or OFF exchange sales.;)

Its not a badge of honor, its just that our business model is different. I went with Norvax because its a better fit for my business, which is 90% OFF and 10% on exchange.

OFF exchange = 0 headaches
ON exchange = 70% headaches.

I just took the business as it came to me. I didn't turn away anyone. My clients refer people similar to themselves. Older and wealthier.

I'll take my business model over yours. If you wouldn't, then you're a glutton for punishment.

I just took the business as it came to me. I didn't turn away anyone. My clients refer people similar to themselves. Older and wealthier.

I'll take my business model over yours. If you wouldn't, then you're a glutton for punishment.

Somehow I think my business model for 2014 (95% Off Exchange, 95% persistency, no headaches, much higher commissions than offered for On Exchange business in Florida) and yours is far superior to those who wasted their time running all On Exchange business.

2015 is a new year, possibly a different business model, but I have no regrets and only satisfaction about my model for this year.

Our situations are completely different you know all about that.

But I don't know where all the 70% headache stuff is coming from. You posted 2 stories about clients calling you whining about stuff. I haven't had that. I've really only had a few billing problems to deal with and one was a clients fault he used his brothers account number for his payment I had to wear the PI cap. Of course I had a higher rate of non-pays than you but we knew that going in. And surprisingly it is lower than I anticipated. So in a nutshell On-Exchange ain't too bad so take comfort in knowing that should your business shift a little more that way.

You haven't felt the full effects yet. Wait til tax time and clawbacks. Wait until they can't log in to their account to review plans for the second year. Wait until not just one, but two 834 files have to be sent to the carrier (one to cancel old plan, one to enroll in new plan). Wait until agent info does not stick (who knows). Wait until the hold times skyrocket, or the website is sluggish. Wait until you need to make an address change, dependent change, income change.

Off exchange has none of these issues.

I remind you too, AZ had the lowest SLCSP in the nation.

A 40 yr old making $29,480 at 257% FPL got $0 subsidy
A 50 yr old making $35,753 or 311% FPL got $0 subsidy.

Ok...forgive me on this one....but in using these programs, we link up anyways with healthcare.gov to get the subsidy approval? We just do it via their program?

Not by any means trying to put this down. IF I can rip through these applications faster, then by all means I'll be interested in paying. But, no matter what you have to get the info to the government for the subsidy results - which means....their application has to be completed & inputted on their site, or via a state exchange.

I'm just not getting it. And forgive me if I misunderstood!

Last year, I was told to run everything from a particular carrier website & log in with my username. Didn't work. On the other hand, I had NO problem getting credit directly from Healthcare.gov for my work.

My problem with Healthcare.gov...is that with all our registrations, certifications & testing (along with ids), we are treated worse than 3rd parties.

I'll tell you want I need....is a database system that holds all my clients - connected with my carriers - to see if they are paying, terminated, if they need verifications, etc. I need this attached to my website & where clients can log on to provide documents to me & see their standings.

If anyone knows of something like this, then I'm interested.

Thanks.

Back