Feedback on My Website

Despite what you may think all I was asking for was simple feedback. If you want to just make stupid worthless comments that don't help then keep them to yourself. I have yet to see why people are so angry on forums and feel the need to post things like this.

I know that this is not professional I was putting it together, it is a work in progress. This is not a way to spam or drive traffic, just want feedback. That is why I posted this thread on insurance websites.

Last edited:
David, my apologies then. There are an awful lot of spammy looking ads on there and it looks like a lot of autoblogged comment stuff.

That being said, if you're looking for feedback then I'm not going to give you feedback, I'm going to give you some pretty solid feedback:
-Get rid of all the adsense, especially if you're trying to generate business from this. I'm still working on building some sites and so I'll leave adsense up as placeholder content, but on a site I'm trying to generate sales on I would rarely ever even consider having ads. It looks like it may be integrated into the themes you're using so you may want to stick with a simpler theme and/or pay a few bucks for one that doesn't look so spammy.
-I don't know where you are getting your content, but it looks like an autoblog. Autoblogging is great if it's done right, but this isn't the right type of site to use that type of autoblogging. It looks like you are even pulling amazon stuff and may have an amazon affiliate code on there (maybe just pulling to have content), but overall you're site is cluttered and it creates a poor user experience (google hates that).
-Work on writing and/or buy some good content on your site. Simply having contact forms up and saying you'll do a good job isn't going to do much, especially when your site looks like a bad autoblog.

A simple site with good content can be pretty effective.

-What are your goals with this site?
-How are you promoting it?
-Why did you go with a .info instead of a .com?

I do apologize for upsetting you. It really looked like this was just an autoblog you were trying to get indexed and/or more link juice too, but we can get it cleaned up :)

Josh said:
David, my apologies then. There are an awful lot of spammy looking ads on there and it looks like a lot of autoblogged comment stuff.

That being said, if you're looking for feedback then I'm not going to give you feedback, I'm going to give you some pretty solid feedback:
-Get rid of all the adsense, especially if you're trying to generate business from this. I'm still working on building some sites and so I'll leave adsense up as placeholder content, but on a site I'm trying to generate sales on I would rarely ever even consider having ads. It looks like it may be integrated into the themes you're using so you may want to stick with a simpler theme and/or pay a few bucks for one that doesn't look so spammy.
-I don't know where you are getting your content, but it looks like an autoblog. Autoblogging is great if it's done right, but this isn't the right type of site to use that type of autoblogging. It looks like you are even pulling amazon stuff and may have an amazon affiliate code on there (maybe just pulling to have content), but overall you're site is cluttered and it creates a poor user experience (google hates that).
-Work on writing and/or buy some good content on your site. Simply having contact forms up and saying you'll do a good job isn't going to do much, especially when your site looks like a bad autoblog.

A simple site with good content can be pretty effective.

-What are your goals with this site?
-How are you promoting it?
-Why did you go with a .info instead of a .com?

I do apologize for upsetting you. It really looked like this was just an autoblog you were trying to get indexed and/or more link juice too, but we can get it cleaned up :)

Thanks really appreciate it, I was thinking the same thing but just needed some outside feedback. I was not sure about the theme was not too crazy about it and the forms I hate but don't know a good way to fix that.

Thanks really appreciate it, I was thinking the same thing but just needed some outside feedback. I was not sure about the theme was not too crazy about it and the forms I hate but don't know a good way to fix that.

There are lots of ways to fix that.

If you just look through the existing themes you can find some good ones.

Instant Mortgage Insurance | Buy term insurance online

That's just the basic twenty ten theme with a cheap banner and some bad content, but it has a much cleaner feel. It's also a .com.

What are your goals in having a website? Why did you go with the .info instead of a .com?

You might want to start from scratch with one of the free themes provided in wordpress vs other themes that have the ads built-in.

Can you write your own content or do you think you'll have to hire out for it?

Well I went with a .info because .com was taken, really my goal for this website is to bring in some leads, and maybe some money from Adsense.

Also I can write my own content but time is not something I have a lot of so it will probably be outsourced.

I will get back to the drawing board with this one. What could I do for a form?

If the .com you want is taken, usually a good idea to just go find a different .com. Contrary to popular opinion, there are still a lot of good .coms available, especially if you want to get local.

You are going to want to do either adsense or generate leads. It's tough to take a site seriously when it has adsense on it unless it's content based (about.com, freetelemarketingscripts.com, etc).

Writing content isn't terrible. You probably only need a handful of articles to get started; it might even be more work to outsource it than to do it yourself.

On the forum you want to be a little more streamlined. I have the developer edition of gravity forms and I like it a lot, but there are other programs too. A lot of times you're better off just trying to get some contact info and a basic drop down of what they're looking for vs a list of information from them.

You might be surprised how many folks get phone calls just from having the phone number listed prominently.

If the .com you want is taken, usually a good idea to just go find a different .com. Contrary to popular opinion, there are still a lot of good .coms available, especially if you want to get local.

You are going to want to do either adsense or generate leads. It's tough to take a site seriously when it has adsense on it unless it's content based (about.com, freetelemarketingscripts.com, etc).

Writing content isn't terrible. You probably only need a handful of articles to get started; it might even be more work to outsource it than to do it yourself.

On the forum you want to be a little more streamlined. I have the developer edition of gravity forms and I like it a lot, but there are other programs too. A lot of times you're better off just trying to get some contact info and a basic drop down of what they're looking for vs a list of information from them.

You might be surprised how many folks get phone calls just from having the phone number listed prominently.

Josh can you offer advice on help with getting better page rank on my flash website? I've tried numerous SEO techniques to no avail .mmhia.com Mid Michigan Health Insurance Advisors[/url]

Back