Few questions about selling book of business, multiples, product types, overrides included/not?

KyleSage

Just curious on going rates for Book of Business’s based on a few factors. Heard from several people that Integrity is looking to buy books at crazy valuations but seems almost insane the numbers they’ve been saying.

A medicare book of business with mostly a younger and non-lis client base by itself what is the going multiple rate? How about if there is a client base of FE/Annuities as well? How about if there are overrides/override renewals?

Will companies like Integrity or IMO’s buy their agents book of businesses or is that too small time for them? How about if you have overrides from say 5-10-15-20 agents?

Also I may word this poorly, but depending on contract, say you are under an IMO as a manager/agency owner and have a team of agents.. Can the IMO (or outside company) “buy your team”/are the part of your book of business? Say like a Amerilife/ASB with kind of a captive/independent hybrid model? Or a FFL MLM model?

Semi new (few years) to the industry and I definitely need to get a clearer grasp on this stuff as I am currently building a team under an IMO and I enjoy it but the hand holding gets tedious and considering going completely independent and not having to split comp/spend time training etc. a big kicker though is if having a team/their overrides helps the end goal of selling your book of business for more or not?

thanks in advance

Just curious on going rates for Book of Business’s based on a few factors. Heard from several people that Integrity is looking to buy books at crazy valuations but seems almost insane the numbers they’ve been saying.

A medicare book of business with mostly a younger and non-lis client base by itself what is the going multiple rate? How about if there is a client base of FE/Annuities as well? How about if there are overrides/override renewals?

Will companies like Integrity or IMO’s buy their agents book of businesses or is that too small time for them? How about if you have overrides from say 5-10-15-20 agents?

Also I may word this poorly, but depending on contract, say you are under an IMO as a manager/agency owner and have a team of agents.. Can the IMO (or outside company) “buy your team”/are the part of your book of business? Say like a Amerilife/ASB with kind of a captive/independent hybrid model? Or a FFL MLM model?

Semi new (few years) to the industry and I definitely need to get a clearer grasp on this stuff as I am currently building a team under an IMO and I enjoy it but the hand holding gets tedious and considering going completely independent and not having to split comp/spend time training etc. a big kicker though is if having a team/their overrides helps the end goal of selling your book of business for more or not?

thanks in advance
https://www.newhorizonsmktg.com/event/what-your-book-of-business-is-worth-session-1

Tom beat me to it but I was thinking there's an upcoming webinar. I'll be attending. Partly because I'm just curious (not interested in selling) and partly because, well, (almost) everything is for sale if the $ makes sense :D

Back