First Day of Classes For My Life/Health License

Robert_Brown

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arkansas
Was held at a nice hotel in a conference room. Started at 8AM, ended at 4PM, and boy is it A LOT to take in. But, I know it will be worth it. I am actually enjoying that I'm learning something completely new to me. It feels good knowing that I'm going to become an expert on something that everyone is going to need.

My trainer is awesome. She's so ADHD, makes class really fun. She threatened to throw pens and chocolate at us if we fell asleep. However she is very focused on making sure we are learning the material and are well prepared for the state exam.
She's been with Aflac for 15 years. My DM has been with them for 11 years, so I feel like I'm in good hands, and I really like the atmosphere.

I feel great about my career being about helping people in their time of most need. Like a hero lol.

Also, I noticed how jacked up medicare and medicaid can be.:goofy:

I will update this thread regularly after every class and after taking the state exam, first week of work, etc.

Last edited:
Good luck on your exam! If you haven't already, start to figure out your business plan, you'll be licensed before you know it. Make sure you are ready to hit the ground running!

Good luck on your exam! If you haven't already, start to figure out your business plan, you'll be licensed before you know it. Make sure you are ready to hit the ground running!

Oh I do. That was one of the first things I did. I have a business plan, marketing plan, sales goals and objectives plan, doing a lot of research on SEO, and have a great start on a website.

I can't wait.

Was held at a nice hotel in a conference room. Started at 8AM, ended at 4PM, and boy is it A LOT to take in. But, I know it will be worth it. I am actually enjoying that I'm learning something completely new to me. It feels good knowing that I'm going to become an expert on something that everyone is going to need.

My trainer is awesome. She's so ADHD, makes class really fun. She threatened to throw pens and chocolate at us if we fell asleep. However she is very focused on making sure we are learning the material and are well prepared for the state exam.
She's been with Aflac for 15 years. My DM has been with them for 11 years, so I feel like I'm in good hands, and I really like the atmosphere.

I feel great about my career being about helping people in their time of most need. Like a hero lol.

Also, I noticed how jacked up medicare and medicaid can be.:goofy:

I will update this thread regularly after every class and after taking the state exam, first week of work, etc.

Well I wish you the best of Luck, I had a great teacher as well I think those schools look for teachers who have ADHD it makes for keep awake..lol... I am so shocked to see that you have a business plan and all those other plans already together. Great Job it took me years to get those things together!....I love to see more people get into the business..sounds like you should do a great Job.

Well I wish you the best of Luck, I had a great teacher as well I think those schools look for teachers who have ADHD it makes for keep awake..lol... I am so shocked to see that you have a business plan and all those other plans already together. Great Job it took me years to get those things together!....I love to see more people get into the business..sounds like you should do a great Job.

Thanks. Yes, I started researching this career before I decided to take it on. I wanted to make sure I have everything in place to help me reach my success I desire. No excuses to fail.

Second day of class. Talk about information overkill!:goofy:
I learned that accounting and financial advisory is part of this job too lol. Learned about 401k's, IRA's, Roth IRA's, annuities, etc.

There sure is A LOT to learn. But that's a good thing I suppose. The average person isn't going to know much about any of this, but you will. And that puts you in a nice place. One of the best things you can offer anyone is helpful information.

We're doing a lot of pretest as well, which I have passed all due to my OCD of taking notes and highlighting the hell out of my training book.

That's it for now.

Thanks. Yes, I started researching this career before I decided to take it on. I wanted to make sure I have everything in place to help me reach my success I desire. No excuses to fail.

I learned that accounting and financial advisory is part of this job too lol. Learned about 401k's, IRA's, Roth IRA's, annuities, etc.

There sure is A LOT to learn. But that's a good thing I suppose. The average person isn't going to know much about any of this, but you will. And that puts you in a nice place. One of the best things you can offer anyone is helpful information.

We're doing a lot of pretest as well, which I have passed all due to my OCD of taking notes and highlighting the hell out of my training book.

That's it for now.

Yeah I think most agents try and get good at a few things and leave the rest of it alone. I am no expert and therefore I don't act like I am.

That's it for now.

For every item you learn something about, there is 99% of that particular area you know nothing about, and 200 other areas that are still to be explored. Insurance and financial products are ridiculous in that regard, and require you selling them to have a niche and stick to it.

Back