FL P&C Pre-License Course

lcov0624

Has anyone taken the P&C pre-license course online for Florida? If so, did you feel that it prepared you for the state exam?

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

Hi lcov.... I have not taken the online portion yet. I did just receive my study book from FAIA today!

It looks like the online training (200hr) ranges from $450-$650.

Who are you thinking about going with?

I plan to sign up in the next week or so.

Good Luck!!!!!!

Has anyone taken the P&C pre-license course online for Florida? If so, did you feel that it prepared you for the state exam?

I took it back in 2003 thru the very first that offered it, Valencia college. I think many colleges offer it now. I had to pass the online course and then drive to Orlando campus and pass a written test, once I past it I went to a local Jr College and took the state online and passed. If I remember right it was pretty tough back then, passed first time though. I would recommend if you are taking the online course, to also purchase either flash cards or the disk from FAIFA that is an actual pre study of the state exam. Good luck.

I took it way back aswell it deoendd where you are in Florida there are so many choices. Just go where you feel that you will geg the most out of it it is a long course 200 hrs.

I may still have flash cards and stuff the questions probably changed i don't mind sharing.

200 hundred hours is 10 times as many hours as most states require. I'm thinking of buying a course but wonder if anyone has a comment about 1) that the requirement is so out of line with the rest of the country; or 2) an online school's course (preferably a recommendation.

Thanks.

I took the online class, the class was not too bad. My problem was finding a good practice test. I found one online I was making 95-97 on the practice test and thought I should be able to pass the state exam easy.

Boy was I wrong, I started the test and the practice tests I was taking were no where near what the state exam was. I made a 50. I was so disgusted.

davidp711 said:
I took the online class, the class was not too bad. My problem was finding a good practice test. I found one online I was making 95-97 on the practice test and thought I should be able to pass the state exam easy.

Boy was I wrong, I started the test and the practice tests I was taking were no where near what the state exam was. I made a 50. I was so disgusted.

Gold coast school has an excellent pre test crash course

I have to agree. It is pretty disgusting. I've taken a lot of state exams, but this was the worse. I can walk in and still pass a fertilizer exam!

SO...if you are taking the Florida P&C, here is what you need to know:

READ every single WORD in the BOOK! When they speak of a bond, for example, they will ONLY use the word (incompetent) that is discussed in the paragraph, NOT the generic definition of it! The will say, "contract" and DO NOT misinterpret what they refer to as a policy, insurance, etc.

And yes, they are very detailed on the State Exam. They will defineatly pick out a sentance that you have overlook to study. It is NOT LIKE the online class.

It is very cold room to take the test in, and the atmosphere is all willing to pass their exams, to have a life.

So, in my personal opinion: Rush through the class, you will do fine. But take 3 days out, and really read every sentence in the book to pass the test. Forget the class. Go to a very solitude, quiet room, and just sit there reading the book.

I wish you luck.

Back