Florida Carriers are Sparse... What's goin on???

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey Buds,

I did a random inquiry shopping PC insurance in S.fla for SF homes....there is only 1 ACTIVE competitor (if you want to even call them a Competitor)....and that is Citizens !
  • Wat da ???
What happened to the insurance market in Florida.... have all PC Carriers Left the Area???

?

Not an expert on Florida but my understanding is that depending on the zipcode most insurers are secondary market to the state insuring the address because of the losses from hurricanes over the years starting with Andrew

My brothers paying $650 a yr for homeowners 10 miles from beach in Amelia island . It’s new house and that includes hurricane coverage . I didn’t believe him and he showed me the policy . But on most of Fla coast few I surfers will write .New Orleans looking at the same fate .

My brothers paying $650 a yr for homeowners 10 miles from beach in Amelia island . It’s new house and that includes hurricane coverage . I didn’t believe him and he showed me the policy . But on most of Fla coast few I surfers will write .New Orleans looking at the same fate .
Which carrier is it with? If it isn't the state, are you sure it is not secondary coverage?

Back