Fluoxetine on Decline List

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was shocked to find out that generic prozac (regardless of who prescribes it) is on the auto decline list of meds for Aetna/American Continental. What is the world coming to!?! End of rant...

I was shocked to find out that generic prozac (regardless of who prescribes it) is on the auto decline list of meds for Aetna/American Continental. What is the world coming to!?! End of rant...

You must be looking at a different KO list than I am. Neither one are on my list for ACI. Check again. Also, I just checked 3 other companies and neither one is listed. I've written several lately that take Fluoxetine with no problems.

Take a Fluoxetine and calm down.:laugh:

Haha, I would but don't want to get declined!! Amci just sent me an updated field drug guide and it's right there in black and white. No other carrier has an issue with that med. Apparently they updated the drug list about 6 mo ago or so.

Haha, I would but don't want to get declined!! Amci just sent me an updated field drug guide and it's right there in black and white. No other carrier has an issue with that med. Apparently they updated the drug list about 6 mo ago or so.

That would explain it, mine's revised 11/09/15. Aetna hasn't been competitive here for a while, so I haven't ordered any new supplies in a while.:laugh:

That is strange though, because they're usually one of the more lenient companies.

I had a person declinened for taking it. Am Con underwriting is very strict. I was baffled as I didn't even check the script list. Lesson learned

Just checked my Thrivent guidelines and its not on the hit list with them. (Not that it necessarily pertains to this client. I was just surprised because I thought Aetna was more lenient than most.)

Back