For Active Health Agents Only-2016 Commission Estimates

2016 ACA Commission Estimate

• Total voters
National carriers like H1, UHC should be fine maybe 1-2% commission pt drop depending on the state. BXTX should be okay too I think as well as Fl Blue. Coventry/Aetna should stay where they are. Cigna won't expect any changes.

Cigna and assurant is non commisionable in my area and I expect them to not even be a player. I do not see UHC doing much either but I bet they change to a flat rate commission like Aetna is.

Carriers will continue to lower commissions and some will be non-commissionable (which has already started ). Bottom line Agent/brokers will continue to be phased out of the equation....By 2017 agents will be gone unless something major changes. If you are not already on plan B you are way behind the curve . Just my 2 cents worth. That and $4 will get you a latte at S:1confused:tarbucks

Since the poll is about nationwide health commissions in general, I chose LOWER. That trend started in 2010 and will continue through 2016, assuming ObamaCare remains as is... dysfunctional and destructive.

there is no way it cannot move any way but lower. One carrier in NC said 20% of their subsidized business enrolled, had procedures, then dropped coverage in 2014...20%!! How can a company survive if that's happening? I keep hearing that there is real concern that the risk corridor the Feds were promising will not be there.

It's going to all change because the law is going down by the supremes! Mark it down! Which way it depend on how the new law will be structured.

I appreciate the responses so far.

My only concern is whether commissions go to 0%, if they go down a little it's no big deal because premiums are going higher.

If you look at this from a commission per case basis, from 2010-2014 I averaged about 10-12% commissions on average premium of $300; now, with $650 average premiums it's a wash, it's just a matter of where they go from here as we can expect the average premium to go up 15-20% next year.

If you focus only on local markets I could see where you could get screwed, like in South FL if Humana went to PMPM like Coventry/Aetna, that would suck. But on the whole I think things with be fine with UHC/H1

If you focus only on local markets I could see where you could get screwed, like in South FL if Humana went to PMPM like Coventry/Aetna, that would suck. But on the whole I think things with be fine with UHC/H1

my biz is all over Florida plus Georgia so I don't have that as an issue.

I've just accepted the PMPM model as inevitable, unfortunately. The Aetna model reduces commissions overall by about 15-20% (assuming average premium of $450 for an individual), at the end of the day I can live with that.

UHC has really pissed me off, though, with their billing issues and terminations even though they have been paid. It's only about 15% of my cases but is giving me fits right now.

Back