Mind boggling.

Still going at it. This has to be the longest running debate ever. MAPD vs Med Supp.

Anyone ever count the threads of this debate. And is there one in which the Leader of the Pack isn't involved in it, screaming from the rooftops how inferior MAPD is.

All that shouting (barking) doesn't stop it's momentum. It's rolling full force.

Bark more. Wag less, I guess.

Mind boggling.

Still going at it. This has to be the longest running debate ever. MAPD vs Med Supp.

Anyone ever count the threads of this debate. And is there one in which the Leader of the Pack isn't involved in it, screaming from the rooftops how inferior MAPD is.

All that shouting (barking) doesn't stop it's momentum. It's rolling full force.

Bark more. Wag less, I guess.

chatGPT has only been in business for a couple of years and it already knows way more about health plan suitability than some of the old timers here:

ChatGPT
ChatGPT
The choice between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage depends on individual preferences, health needs, and financial considerations. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. Let's explore the key features of each:

1. Original Medicare (Part A and Part B):
    • Coverage: Original Medicare consists of Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). It provides coverage for hospital stays, doctor visits, preventive care, and some other medical services.
    • Flexibility: With Original Medicare, you have the flexibility to choose any healthcare provider that accepts Medicare nationwide.
    • Costs: While Part A is generally premium-free for most people, Part B and any supplemental coverage (e.g., Medigap) come with premiums, deductibles, and coinsurance.
  2. Medicare Advantage (Part C):
    • Coverage: Medicare Advantage plans are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare. They often include coverage beyond Original Medicare, such as vision, dental, and prescription drugs.
    • Costs: Medicare Advantage plans typically have lower premiums than Original Medicare. However, they may have additional out-of-pocket costs like copayments and deductibles.
    • Networks: Medicare Advantage plans may have provider networks, and coverage is usually limited to in-network providers. Some plans may offer out-of-network coverage, but it's important to check the specifics.
    • Coordination of Care: Medicare Advantage plans often include care coordination services to help manage and improve your overall healthcare.
Considerations:

• Choice of Providers: If having the freedom to choose any healthcare provider without restrictions is important to you, Original Medicare may be preferable.
  • Budget and Cost Predictability: If you want predictable out-of-pocket costs and are comfortable with a network of providers, a Medicare Advantage plan may offer financial advantages.
  • Coverage Preferences: Consider the specific healthcare services you need. Medicare Advantage plans may provide additional benefits, but they may also have restrictions on coverage.
Ultimately, the "better" option depends on your individual healthcare needs and preferences. Some individuals prefer the comprehensive coverage and flexibility of Original Medicare, while others appreciate the cost savings and additional benefits offered by Medicare Advantage. It's advisable to carefully compare the specific plans available in your area, taking into account factors like premiums, deductibles, coverage, and provider networks. Additionally, it may be helpful to consult with a Medicare counselor or insurance advisor to get personalized guidance based on your situation.

chatGPT has only been in business for a couple of years and it already knows way more about health plan suitability than some of the old timers here:

ChatGPT
ChatGPT
The choice between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage depends on individual preferences, health needs, and financial considerations. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. Let's explore the key features of each:

1. Original Medicare (Part A and Part B):
    • Coverage: Original Medicare consists of Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). It provides coverage for hospital stays, doctor visits, preventive care, and some other medical services.
    • Flexibility: With Original Medicare, you have the flexibility to choose any healthcare provider that accepts Medicare nationwide.
    • Costs: While Part A is generally premium-free for most people, Part B and any supplemental coverage (e.g., Medigap) come with premiums, deductibles, and coinsurance.
  2. Medicare Advantage (Part C):
    • Coverage: Medicare Advantage plans are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare. They often include coverage beyond Original Medicare, such as vision, dental, and prescription drugs.
    • Costs: Medicare Advantage plans typically have lower premiums than Original Medicare. However, they may have additional out-of-pocket costs like copayments and deductibles.
    • Networks: Medicare Advantage plans may have provider networks, and coverage is usually limited to in-network providers. Some plans may offer out-of-network coverage, but it's important to check the specifics.
    • Coordination of Care: Medicare Advantage plans often include care coordination services to help manage and improve your overall healthcare.
Considerations:

• Choice of Providers: If having the freedom to choose any healthcare provider without restrictions is important to you, Original Medicare may be preferable.
  • Budget and Cost Predictability: If you want predictable out-of-pocket costs and are comfortable with a network of providers, a Medicare Advantage plan may offer financial advantages.
  • Coverage Preferences: Consider the specific healthcare services you need. Medicare Advantage plans may provide additional benefits, but they may also have restrictions on coverage.
Ultimately, the "better" option depends on your individual healthcare needs and preferences. Some individuals prefer the comprehensive coverage and flexibility of Original Medicare, while others appreciate the cost savings and additional benefits offered by Medicare Advantage. It's advisable to carefully compare the specific plans available in your area, taking into account factors like premiums, deductibles, coverage, and provider networks. Additionally, it may be helpful to consult with a Medicare counselor or insurance advisor to get personalized guidance based on your situation.
I know nothing about medicare but ChatGPT can barely solve basic math equations half of the time.

I'll keep buying my financial products from experts in their space for the time being.

I know nothing about medicare but ChatGPT can barely solve basic math equations half of the time.

I'll keep buying my financial products from experts in their space for the time being.

I agree just make sure it is someone who is familiar with the full portfolio of products in that space - not just their pet products.

Still......waiting

According to AAMSI the average price across the top 10 metro markets is $224.14
I went with a more conservative number of $166
Even with a super conservative number of $125/mo the math still works
And, thats not including Part D commissions

and the board agrees on the average commission rate itself here:
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...ental-commission-schedule-sound-right.111610/

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Plan G Costs 2023 - Best Medigap Plan G Rates for 2023

Now grow up, stop your crying, and just accept your wrong.

Average rates at a higher age.
I get paid a set amount on UHC, and don't get paid a % or paid more as premium goes up.
Others may have different commissions, companies, etc that I don't deal with.
All I know, is the flat rate med supp commissions are lower vs if I sold MAPD.
I get $0 on PDP

Average supp prem is about $130/mth. Part D about $30/mth. So annual costs $1920 plus your part b ded and you are GUARANTEED to pay $2,153. 70% of MAPD enrolless pay no premium and the average OOP max on an HMO is like $4,100. So the annual "risk" is $2,000.

The average Soc Sec benefit is around $1700/mth. Makes total financial sense to spend 10% of your income to cover a $2,000 risk. And that's not considering the difference when including dental and vision premiums as well as RX cost.

Late to the party on this thread and just started reading some of it but this is great and something I've brought up a ton with clients.

"Plan G is awesome - can't beat it in coverage. But the MA is not horrible. In terms of just money, it's the difference between paying $1,700/yr with practically $0 risk but no extras (insert extras) vs paying $0/yr with $4,500 (give or take) risk.

Not like we're betting the farm here... Do you want to pay $1,700 to guarantee you won't have to pay $4,500 in claims in the event you have a ton of claims?

All Medicare "sales" are easy. The close rate in Medicare is higher than any other form of insurance by far. The prospecting is the "hard" part. And even that is infinitely easier in Medicare than any other sales.
I don't about that. I had a P&C agency on the side a few years ago. The prospecting was the easiest I've ever experienced. The sales were a little harder than Medicare, but my phone rang almost non stop all day every day

Latest posts

Back