Fresh Leads...is This Even Possible??

A well known IMO did a mailing for me (at my expense) to get me started with leads. The mailing went out last Monday, 08/22/2011 from out of state into my area. By Friday, 08/26,2011, (the same week) 25 people had managed to fill out the card and mail it back to the state that it had originated from. The leads were electronically forwarded to me on that same day, Friday, 08/26/2011. These leads must be really fresh.

Does anyone else get return times like this?

Please comment.

The more I read about these lead companies the more I am convinced that I should stay away from them. I think I will keep knocking doors and doing surveys.

the only leads I know that get to you that fast come from Securus, and Larry Dickstein....Just Sayin

So is that a good thing or bad thing? For the leads to come so fast?

This is what I am thinking about the entire lead concern stated by the OP. If the company wants to send shared leads, names from a phone book, call list, etc. that is fine. However, an agent shouldnt have to pay for them in these cases. My GA will provide free lists all day long to me if I want them. I wouldnt stay with them if they were charging me for those names.

In my 12 years of selling Insurance, I have learned to never depend on the leads of a GA, or MGA. I dont even expect them. I snooze through the whole we provide leads spill that they go through because most of the time it is a bunch of bologna. I figure if I am going to be successful it is because I am working hard to get there. Besides that, if it was so easy to obtain leads, and provide leads in this business there would never be any turnover.

The fact is most leads from lead companies are bologna! The sooner you realize it, the better off you will be.

Just my two cents.

A lead is a lead is a lead. I got on the phone today calling leads that I recieved 18 months ago. Called 9 leads got 7 appointments.
The first thing I say to the people is "Hello my name is ***** and I have to apologize right off for not get to you sooner but you had sent back a response card requesting more information concerning****** I am going to be in your area **** I would like to stop by and go over this information with you, would 10 or 2 be better?

Last edited:
A lead is a lead is a lead. I got on the phone today calling leads that I recieved 18 months ago. Called 9 leads got 7 appointments.
The first thing I say to the people is "Hello my name is ***** and I have to apologize right off for not get to you sooner but you had sent back a response card requesting more information concerning****** I am going to be in your area **** I would like to stop by and go over this information with you, would 10 or 2 be better?

You are correct. A Lead is a lead is a lead. So why for the sake of good common sense would you pay $12-$25.00 per lead, when 1,000's of leads are within 20 miles of your house, have a higher closing ratio, and cost less???????????

Last edited:
You are correct. A Lead is a lead is a lead. So why for the sake of good common sense would you pay $12-$25.00 per lead, when 1,000's of leads are within 20 miles of your house, have a higher closing ratio, and cost less???????????

LOL. Jason told me about this post. Sounds like someone else just found out that most IMO's don't give a crap about helping the agent, but rather just having one more "errand boy" to do the hard work that they themselves are too lazy to do.

On the other hand, IMO's who actually HELP their agents (and I'm not just talking about during the hours of 8-5 Mon-Fri), are the IMOs who deserve recognition. All others are just full of cow dung!! (I don't think I can say horse $^it on this forum).

Although many of my contracts are street, I'd take a 20% cut if it meant getting that level of service.

Sorry to Watchman that it appears you got screwed. Let me know if you want a referral to a person who actually HELPS his down line agents.

Ok, time for bed. :SLEEP:

LOL. Jason told me about this post. Sounds like someone else just found out that most IMO's don't give a crap about helping the agent, but rather just having one more "errand boy" to do the hard work that they themselves are too lazy to do.

On the other hand, IMO's who actually HELP their agents (and I'm not just talking about during the hours of 8-5 Mon-Fri), are the IMOs who deserve recognition. All others are just full of cow dung!! (I don't think I can say horse $^it on this forum).

Although many of my contracts are street, I'd take a 20% cut if it meant getting that level of service.

Sorry to Watchman that it appears you got screwed. Let me know if you want a referral to a person who actually HELPS his down line agents.

Ok, time for bed. :SLEEP:

Mr. Producer Most IMO's don't have the people skills, and tenacity necessary to do what these agents do on the streets.

Have you followed up on the leads to see if they were fresh? It seems like it could be fresh and that the company is efficient. Have you had anymore leads since? It has been a further 7days and would maybe so if they are fresh or not because they could have had old one and send those to you in one job lot and you will not receive any new ones. So would be nice to see if you have any more recent ones?

Back