Fresh Leads...is This Even Possible??

don't think negitive, you are over thinking it... i wouldn't call the company, unless you want help with a script call the 25 leads,

Another thought could be that maybe they had a previous agent in your area that had recently quit/been fired/disappeared etc and they still had lead flow coming in. You never know, but in my experience this has and does happen.

A well known IMO did a mailing for me (at my expense) to get me started with leads. The mailing went out last Monday, 08/22/2011 from out of state into my area. By Friday, 08/26,2011, (the same week) 25 people had managed to fill out the card and mail it back to the state that it had originated from. The leads were electronically forwarded to me on that same day, Friday, 08/26/2011. These leads must be really fresh.

Does anyone else get return times like this?

Please comment.

The leads you rec'd were not what you had dropped. I've done enough drops to know. Leads you rec'd must have been dropped several weeks before your drop, which is still ok. How much did you pay?

The leads you rec'd were not what you had dropped. I've done enough drops to know. Leads you rec'd must have been dropped several weeks before your drop, which is still ok. How much did you pay?

I paid the going rate of what I see posted here on the Forum. Somewhere around a couple of dozen dollars each. Again, I don't want to give out exact info because I have a relationship with these people.

Incidentally, I did some checking on the web with whitepages.com and another service or two. I only looked at the 1st 10 leads because of time constraints. The good news is that I was able to confirm 9 out of 10 as being located at the address.
Perhaps I am concerned over nothing. I just like getting what I thought I was paying for and just because whitepages has the prospect there does not mean that the card has not been worked and or is 6 months old.

Trust is a huge thing in life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
most guys complain, because they paid money, and haven't recieved any leads.

I actually wanted my leads to trickle in. Less pressure when you are getting started. I also have self generated lead source that is working well for me. I also have another job I am managing as well.

Thanks for the insight though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Another thought could be that maybe they had a previous agent in your area that had recently quit/been fired/disappeared etc and they still had lead flow coming in. You never know, but in my experience this has and does happen.

My concern with that is, am I getting stuff he has not sold due to ineffective salesmanship or general slothfulness?
Has he called and upset the people I am about to call?

If the leads are truly unworked and relatively fresh, I don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
When you call to qualify and set the appointment, ask if they remember when they sent the card back.

Most won't remember filling out anything but it never hurts to ask.

Watchman, stop thinking about anything else and just pick up the leads and start setting appointments.

I've made money off leads generated the same day.
I've made money off of leads a week old.
I've made money calling leads that were several years old.

You're WAYYYY overthinking this. Once you've called through them all, take a look back at what happened. Spending any amount of time fussing over this now is most likely only going to hurt your perception when you go into it.

Watchman, stop thinking about anything else and just pick up the leads and start setting appointments.

I've made money off leads generated the same day.
I've made money off of leads a week old.
I've made money calling leads that were several years old.

You're WAYYYY overthinking this. Once you've called through them all, take a look back at what happened. Spending any amount of time fussing over this now is most likely only going to hurt your perception when you go into it.

THIS!
Chances are you will have better leads in the future. Chances are you will have worse leads in the future.
Work 'em and make some money.

Tins,

Not bad for a Missouri boy:)

Anybody who quotes Mitch Hedberg is all right in my book!

If you'd like a laugh, read Tins post again.:D

Tins,

Not bad for a Missouri boy:)

Anybody who quotes Mitch Hedberg is all right in my book!

If you'd like a laugh, read Tins post again.:D

Of all my funny posts on here, you pick the one where I'm just piggybacking off Josh!:skeptical:

Some of my fav. Mitch lines:
Every time I go and shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving. So I say, 'I'm gonna go shave, too.'

I bought a seven-dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring.

If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be ****ed-up.

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

This shirt is dry clean only. Which means... it's dirty.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

Imagine being killed by a bow and arrow. That would suck, an arrow killed you? They would never solve the crime. "Look at that dead guy. Let's go that way."

I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member, man. I don't know how I get away with it.

:laugh::D:jiggy::chatterbox::laugh:

Back