GEICO with MVR & CLUE Reports

RickyG

Expert
I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this with clients.
Client- I just got a quote from GEICO thats (for example) 70.00 less per month! Can you match that? Why am I being ripped off??
Us- Well Mr/Ms X, you have 3 recent claims, a speeding ticket and 1 AFA last year. What this tells me is GEICO has not run their underwriting reports and you WILL get that priced raised significantly at renewal (if not before) and then we won't be able to get the price you pay now anywhere as it will be much higher.
Client- F you I cancel

Fast Forward 6 months:
Client- My insurance went up 200 a month! GEICO screwed me! Can we get the (insert carrier name) policy back going?
Us- well after running the numbers we can get it 50.00 lower than your current GEICO
Client- WTF!? Thats still over 100 more than I originally had!!
Us: Sorry? Not sure what else we can do
Client- F you I'm calling a real agency

Yep ... they are not the only insurer though that issues short term policies and then magically increases the premiums at the renewal. Frankly if a client is that focused on a premium - they may not be a good fit for you.

For me, professionally, the moment that someone complains about their auto premiums - I typically refer them to Geico. I do mention that, additionally, often that their Personal Umbrella will go to a new insurer and show them that number.

Geico used to hurt us badly for many years here in NY but they have largely been silent over the last 12 months. While most people are shopping around, there really is no place to go here. Nobody wants the business, so while most agencies don't lose to another carrier, they are seeing a huge increase in CNPs and ultimately FS6s (plate surrender).

Back