Genworth on Review

originally posted by Mr_Ed

The only significance was that it was a published article in Bloomberg News and it related to a major player in the LTCi market.

I thought that this Forum would be an appropriate place to post it.

What was your point of these two statements:

Now, to the layman, (like me) that appears to indicate that the $541 million that Genworth transferred into their LTC Reserves a couple of months ago may not have been enough.

And, if it's not enough, and they have to add another few hundred million dollars to satisfy AMBest in order to maintain any kind of viable financial rating, what say the shareholders?

What was your point of these two statements:

Now, to the layman, (like me) that appears to indicate that the $541 million that Genworth transferred into their LTC Reserves a couple of months ago may not have been enough.

And, if it's not enough, and they have to add another few hundred million dollars to satisfy AMBest in order to maintain any kind of viable financial rating, what say the shareholders?

What is this a trial?

Take both statements at face value. I don't think either one is hard to understand.

----------

originally posted by BillBerry

I had a Genworth client call me today very concerned about a discussion at a dinner party this weekend. The talk was about Genworth declaring bankruptcy in the near future.

The problem Bill, is that Genworth policyholders should not be attending dinner parties..............

:D

What is this a trial?

Take both statements at face value. I don't think either one is hard to understand.

----------

originally posted by BillBerry

iThe problem Bill, is that Genworth policyholders should not be attending dinner parties..............

:D

It could have been a bonfire. Some folks down here would consider that a "redneck dinner party".:twitchy:

Well, Arthur, I'm glad you understand that the Genworth LTCi policyholders are protected.

However, I recommend that you refrain from making statements that can be easily misunderstood. For example, saying, "stockholders come before policyholders" would be completely misunderstood by a consumer who doesn't understand the regulations like you and I understand them.

Back