Getting Accident/health License this Week

dbracknell

I have been selling life insurance for about 5 months now as an independent agent so still very new to the business as a whole. Now I am getting my Accident/Health license in Tennessee. The GM I am working with does not have any health carriers I need some suggestions as to where to go and really any tips in health insurance will be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks. Yes I am sure this is what I want to do. There are a few things that are still confusing about ACA. But I am positive that I will be able to learn it.

:swoon: Honestly too much to state here, but the biggest thing is that Tennessee (my resident state) is a non-exchange state. I have no idea how that will work or even where the agent will fall in.

I tried sending you a pm on here but until I have 20 posts the forum won't allow me to do that.

TN is not a non exchange state, its a FFE state.... Several of us on here are not confused, we have been following this topic for 3 years... we are ready for the roll out as we have been studying day and night..... I feel the bus left you at the station

TN is not a non exchange state, its a FFE state.... Several of us on here are not confused, we have been following this topic for 3 years... we are ready for the roll out as we have been studying day and night..... I feel the bus left you at the station

Since I am also in Tennessee and have my Life/Health license, the gist of what you are saying is that we need to wait until the Federal Government comes out with an exchange then as insurance agents we will know who to contract with?

I have had my licenses since 2009 but was still working in medical sales until mid May and now am seriously looking at just focusing on insurance from this point forward. Since I am 53, I want this to be my last rodeo until I can ride off into the sunset (sorry for the goofy metaphor). I still have lots of questions especially going captive (training/more security/help? but fewer offerings and strict quotas) versus going independent and hooking up with someone to learn the business but also having more out of pocket expenses.

guys... please don't take this wrong... its gonna sound mean but no meaness intended, just facts

if the questions you are asking now and where you are truly at in relation to health care reform you cant catch up... its over. This baby rolls in less than 4 months and your at B in the alphabet and those of us that have been studing for 3 years are at V.... I just see no way in gods green earth you could do this.

The patient needs brain surgery and allot of folks are still in pre-med and we have been preforming the procedure for years

Again, please forgive my bluntness

For those doomsayers, we ALL can learn ACA. I have been studying ACA for at least 3 months , and it is not rocket science. So don't be deterred by the seasoned agents that are telling you the train has left the station. Remember, the states will be paying assisters to help people that want obmacare and they might get a 2 or 3 day training. You will know as much as the seasoned agents. Plans arent even out just yet. PM me if you need more help learning

Back