Getting Appointed After Bankrtupcy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory87

I've found this site to be an abundance of information and helpful people - I look forward to being experienced soon enough so that I can begin to answer peoples' questions :biggrin:

I am currently in the process of getting appointed with (life insurance) carriers and I am concerned that my having to file bankruptcy last year is going to affect this. I had medical bills from a time when I had no health insurance that led me no other choice.

Does anyone have input regarding this? Will this cause me to not be able to have a career in the insurance industry?

Thanks very much in advance for your responses! ;)

I think you will may run into some life companies you can't appointed with or have to go as earned but you should find plenty you can get appointed with. Just explain it on the contracting ap if it asks the question.

Assuming that it's already discharged, contracting should not be an issue with most companies.

If you have a good history with your GA, you may get some advance. They are the ones on the hook if you bail. Even if you do not You may able to work a 25% advance deal or so much advance after you have xx production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back