Getting Closer: Taxpayer Funded Universal Medical Care For All!

If anyone wants to read the economic impact report: http://www.dickgottfried.org/wp-con...age&utm_campaign=5-27-15+NYH&utm_medium=email

It's laughable. I like the Obama-esque "Will save $2200 per family, per year" comment they put in.

They claim "Under the New York Health Plan, administrative spending would be reduced .... down to 15%"

For reference, MLR is 82/87% in NY, more stringent than most of the country. They claim admin expense is 30% right now, and this "savings" accounts for $45B of the claimed $70B in savings. $21B of the claimed savings is just due to provider administrative expense-aka, the 300,000+ administrative employees that are going to lose their jobs. They assume they will all be re-employed due to the mobility of the field, but ignored the fact that the field wont exist anymore.

Effectively, this is about a 5% tax rate on a $50k earner, and about 11% on a $200k earner, only going higher the more they make. 16% marginal rate on all income over $200k. Nothing at all on low earners.

For reference, yes, this is on top of the existing ACA taxes which are still paid with no benefit to the citizens who will no longer have access to exchanges/subsidies.

"I thought Obamacare was here to help us! Why can't I enroll mid-year? I just want to get the testing done, then drop the plan if I don't have cancer. I'll keep it if I have cancer." This is what a 32 year old real estate agent told me last week, when her Dad (my client for 20+ years) asked me to help his daughter who lost her insurance 6 months ago due to a divorce. She just found a sizable breast lump. Fortunately, we have one carrier who will enroll without an SEP, and she's even upset about that, because it costs $286 per month.

Wow, based on this, the old PT Barnum adage of 'you will never going broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people' has never been more in evidence, has it? :yes::yes::yes:

June 1, 2015

A national initiative that is gaining some momentum..

HR 676: Single Payer Medicare for All Act
Paying For It: http://www.pnhp.org/sites/default/files/Funding HR 676_Friedman_7.31.13_proofed.pdf

Source: What is Single Payer? | Physicians for a National Health Program

the primary funding source is an employer payroll tax of either 3% or 6% depending on income (6% for income over $53000).

This would really kill small businesses that don't have to offer health insurance under the current law, I still see this destroying the economy if implemented and, just like ACA, all of the potential savings are really subject to change.

"I thought Obamacare was here to help us! Why can't I enroll mid-year? I just want to get the testing done, then drop the plan if I don't have cancer. I'll keep it if I have cancer." This is what a 32 year old real estate agent told me last week, when her Dad (my client for 20+ years) asked me to help his daughter who lost her insurance 6 months ago due to a divorce. She just found a sizable breast lump. Fortunately, we have one carrier who will enroll without an SEP, and she's even upset about that, because it costs $286 per month.

I don't want to paint all real estate agents with the same brush, but this situation doesn't surprise me once you mentioned she is a real estate agent.

Pre-ACA they were some of my most challenging clients as far as keeping their health insurance on the books. They'd have a couple of good months and pay their premiums. Then they'd go without selling a house for a couple of months and drop their insurance. A couple of months later they'd want to get it back. I'd really just prefer not to deal with that type of clientele.

I've had several real estate agents become clients at age 65 who would tell me they've been without health insurance for years. Which isn't surprising considering my prior paragraph.

I guess it's the inconsistency in income that causes them to make those types of decisions. Again, this isn't meant to paint all real estate agents with a broad brush. I think it's an industry much like insurance in that only a small percentage actually makes a good living.

Wow, based on this, the old PT Barnum adage of 'you will never going broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people' has never been more in evidence, has it? :yes::yes::yes:
had a guy years ago walk in to my retail insurance biz hand on face in terrible pain and stated" Well I hate innnnnnnsurance agents but Dentist wont pull my teeth without cash upfront or insurance soooooooo I gotta get a 100% policy right now!!!" ha ha this is what we are up against! Everybody yes that means everyone wants their medical care cheap or free ,they want it now and of course the best in the world.

I don't want to paint all real estate agents with the same brush, but this situation doesn't surprise me once you mentioned she is a real estate agent.

Pre-ACA they were some of my most challenging clients as far as keeping their health insurance on the books. They'd have a couple of good months and pay their premiums. Then they'd go without selling a house for a couple of months and drop their insurance. A couple of months later they'd want to get it back. I'd really just prefer not to deal with that type of clientele.

I've had several real estate agents become clients at age 65 who would tell me they've been without health insurance for years. Which isn't surprising considering my prior paragraph.

I guess it's the inconsistency in income that causes them to make those types of decisions. Again, this isn't meant to paint all real estate agents with a broad brush. I think it's an industry much like insurance in that only a small percentage actually makes a good living.

Well let's see, Ann is in Az and I think you're in Ga and I'm in Fl and it's the same here with them.:D:D

Any idea where the $$$ will come for universal health insurance?

If POTUS is unwilling to sign a subsidy "amnesty" bill sounds like he would rather his signature legislation run over a cliff than modify it.

People will be ice skating in Hell before the current Congress agrees to cobble together single payer.

Back