Getting licensed with a misdemeanor background ?

Hefavorsme

I have a misdemeanor theft on my bg. Has anyone received their license with a misdemeanor theft? I did probation and paid all fines. Does theft automatically bar you from receiving your PC license?

Its frowned upon that's for sure.... misdemeanor should be fine. If anything you might have to appeal. The insurance commissioner wont fight an appeal, no way they going to court for a misdemeanor. They will try to scare you by saying if you lose the appeal you cant apply again for a few years. Make your case and go for it.

Ask the dept of insurance. The initial response might be some dumbass answer like "go ahead and apply and we'll see" so you may have to do some digging.

It is only a misdemeanor which is good news. But it is a crime of moral turpitude which is bad.

I didn't have a problem getting a Florida license and reciprocation from other states that require a license. I have a misdemeanor on my record in Texas from 1997 and I had no problems. I work for an insurance company in Georgia and needed to be licensed in all states so I took and passed the Florida adjuster test. A Florida insurance license reciprocates to all the other states that require a license except California, New York, and Pennsylvania.

Back