Gift Card Referral Program

I am going to implement this and will give you feedback in about a year.I am thinking of using Gas cards.I will keep you posted

Wow your state does not have a cap on the amount of a gift that can be given? I'm limited to $25 and can not use gift cards because they have a cash value.

If you are rewarding for referrals, is that considered rebating, or gifting? They are performing a service (providing referrals) and getting compensated for it.
As long as it isn't related to the referral purchasing a policy, rebating laws shouldn't apply should they?
How is it different than an agent buying leads from a lead company?

Q. If you are rewarding for referrals, is that considered rebating, or gifting?

A. Depends on how your referral program is structured.

Q. As long as it isn't related to the referral purchasing a policy, rebating laws shouldn't apply should they?

A. Correct

Wow your state does not have a cap on the amount of a gift that can be given? I'm limited to $25 and can not use gift cards because they have a cash value.

For states like that, you can send gourmet brownies (I have SOC do this for me) - which is my favorite gift to send - along with a really nice "Thank You" card. It really makes my (med supp) clients happy to receive them, and it takes me about two minutes to have the system send them out to clients that are already in the SOC CRM.

You can see what these brownies look like here. You REALLY should taste them, though!!

Last edited:
For states like that, you can send gourmet brownies (I have SOC do this for me) - which is my favorite gift to send - along with a really nice "Thank You" card. It really makes my (med supp) clients happy to receive them, and it takes me about two minutes to have the system send them out to clients that are already in the SOC CRM.

You can see what these brownies look like here. You REALLY should taste them, though!!

Daytona-Guy I took you up on your gift account and am thinking about purchasing your service...but I keep rethinking it the more you push SOC on the forum....Its just me but it rubs me the wrong way...Also your incorrect the brownies depending on the cost would still be affected by my states law...They do not allow gift cards as they consider them the same as cash and have a limit on any gifts to a client per year.

Daytona-Guy I took you up on your gift account and am thinking about purchasing your service...but I keep rethinking it the more you push SOC on the forum....Its just me but it rubs me the wrong way...Also your incorrect the brownies depending on the cost would still be affected by my states law...They do not allow gift cards as they consider them the same as cash and have a limit on any gifts to a client per year.

Sorry you're "rubbed the wrong way" - whatever that means.
There are hundreds of agents, and many on the forum here, that use SOC. Do I promote it as a solution for other business owners? Absolutely. It is also an additional stream of income in its own respect - because it is highly effective at bringing in additional business.

And, what am I incorrect on, with regard to sending someone brownies as a "thank you", along with a greeting card. Please let me know how this could possibly run afoul of gifting laws in any state.

Sorry you're "rubbed the wrong way" - whatever that means.
There are hundreds of agents, and many on the forum here, that use SOC. Do I promote it as a solution for other business owners? Absolutely. It is also an additional stream of income in its own respect - because it is highly effective at bringing in additional business.

And, what am I incorrect on, with regard to sending someone brownies as a "thank you", along with a greeting card. Please let me know how this could possibly run afoul of gifting laws in any state.

Sorry I upset you. I never said SOC was a bad program...I only expressed concern with some issues...Sorry I am worrying about trivial things...

Sorry I upset you. I never said SOC was a bad program...I only expressed concern with some issues...Sorry I am worrying about trivial things...

Well, if you're so concerned that you might possibly be perceived, by your senior citizen clients, as being affiliated with an "MLM" organization.. that is, in fact, trivial and not a realistic concern, given the proven power of this tool in our industry to bring in massive referrals. You anticipate that these seniors will race to their computer to research the company you decided to buy your cards from based on a company link on the back of the card?

Have you ever paused to consider the delivery model of... insurance, for instance?
It is absolutely a multi-level/direct selling delivery model.
Very few insurance companies these days have agents reporting directly to the company. The companies all learned over a hundred years ago that the best delivery model is to have bigger organizations contract with smaller organizations and on and on to finally the street agent doing the selling. The street agent invests in all of his own marketing costs and still delivers the product to the end user. This is multi-level marketing, and the most cost-effective marketing strategy a company can employ.

I'm not pushing the MLM concept, but it has proven itself over time. I do, however, advise my agents to use Send Out Cards because there is no better way to follow-up and generate referrals from existing clients automatically. Those of my agents that use it are reaping the rewards.

"Yes, I am a satisfied user and compensated endorser", and I'm not ashamed to say so.

Last edited:

I tried one of those brownies the other day. Someone gave one to my wife and I was wondering where it came from. Tasty, but dry.

The more I hear about SOC the more I am tempted to give it a try. Any idea what the costs involved are?

Back