Globe Life Whole Life?

Heres the site https://www.shopglobelife.com/wholelifeinsurance You have to fill the app out to get a quote.
I went in and tried to get a quote. I did it twice using my birthdate, and once with my wife's birthdate. We're both typical "FE" age range (on the low end!). Even though the language on this page describes whole life adequately, if you follow through for a quote it gives you their term rate! The last sentence in the paragraph above the quote says "Please review the policy description..." Which is underlined for a link. If you push it, up pops a box describing their 5-year term to 90 product, NOT whole life. I wonder how many people click the link? About the same amount as actually read the policy after they get it? Do you think that's why I run into so many Globe customers that swear they have whole life, when the rate they're paying says otherwise?

Last edited:
Ok I saw the link and was about to click on it and computer went down and I never went back. I thought it might be bs. Theres no way in hell they'r 20% cheaper than the cheapest whole life out there for a NS.

I sent off for a Globe application just to see what they ask on there and they included a rate sheet. These are whole life rates.

No tobacco question on their app.
59F for 20K is $63.95, copd is asked and would be a decline if yes
70F for 20K is $129.43

65M for 20K is $128.46

Heres the site

https://www.shopglobelife.com/wholelifeinsurance

You have to fill the app out to get a quote.

Man, is that page ever deceiving. The page says WL insurance, cash values, etc. But when you select a quote for adults and enter DOB, gender and state, it generates a quote of $49.12 for a 71 year old male which is a killer rate. That is $30 per month cheaper than KSKJ on a smoker and $11 cheaper on a non smoker. However, I happened to notice a small print link at the top that says, "Policy Description". When you click on it, you get a pop up that states:

The plan is a term-to-age-90 life insurance plan with benefits up to $50,000. The initial term period can either be 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years in duration, depending upon issue age. All renewal term periods begin at a 5-year plus one age (i.e. 21, 26, 31, 36…86) and will be 5 years in length except for the final term period. The final 4-year period, which will always begin at age 86, will expire and the policy will terminate at the policy anniversary following the insured's 90th birthday.

Talk about Bait and Switch. :1frown:

How do they get away with this? Their marketing is always somewhat deceptive, but this takes the cake.

Man, is that page ever deceiving. The page says WL insurance, cash values, etc. But when you select a quote for adults and enter DOB, gender and state, it generates a quote of $49.12 for a 71 year old male which is a killer rate. That is $30 per month cheaper than KSKJ on a smoker and $11 cheaper on a non smoker. However, I happened to notice a small print link at the top that says, "Policy Description". When you click on it, you get a pop up that states:

The plan is a term-to-age-90 life insurance plan with benefits up to $50,000. The initial term period can either be 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years in duration, depending upon issue age. All renewal term periods begin at a 5-year plus one age (i.e. 21, 26, 31, 36…86) and will be 5 years in length except for the final term period. The final 4-year period, which will always begin at age 86, will expire and the policy will terminate at the policy anniversary following the insured's 90th birthday.

Talk about Bait and Switch. :1frown:

Yep. And coverage as low as about 50 cents per week! Which would be for an 18 year old female for $5K.

And even if someone sees that it gives a term quote and clicks on "Burial Insurance" at the bottom the web page then describes burial insurance but the quoter is still for term!

Heeheehee!!!

(I can't get the smilies to work on my phone. So I had to spell the laughter.)

Yep. And coverage as low as about 50 cents per week! Which would be for an 18 year old female for $5K.

And even if someone sees that it gives a term quote and clicks on "Burial Insurance" at the bottom the web page then describes burial insurance but the quoter is still for term!

Heeheehee!!!

(I can't get the smilies to work on my phone. So I had to spell the laughter.)

I always thought it was spelled Hahahahaha!!!:laugh:

Back