Go Daddy

ineedhelp

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I made a mistake a while back by getting a Go Daddy website & E-mail account. I am very frustrated with them and want to discontinue. I think I know the answer, but is there any way to keep my existing Go Daddy e-mail address since it's on my cards, stationary and used by my contacts while cancelling my accounts with Go Daddy? It would be nice not to have everything redone, etc.

Thank you in advance.:mad::mad::mad:

It depends on what you call your "godaddy email". If you registered ineedhelpsreallycoolsite.com and your email address is [email protected], you can absolutely move that over to another provider. It takes a little work and there are some considerations, but it's definitely doable and shouldn't be too painful.

I made a mistake a while back by getting a Go Daddy website & E-mail account. I am very frustrated with them and want to discontinue. I think I know the answer, but is there any way to keep my existing Go Daddy e-mail address since it's on my cards, stationary and used by my contacts while cancelling my accounts with Go Daddy? It would be nice not to have everything redone, etc.

Thank you in advance.:mad::mad::mad:
What is it that you don't like about them?

The answer is yes. You are the domain owner. You can switch the domain to another domain name provider. The important thing to understand is there are two services you are talking about here: Domain management and Hosting. Go Daddy (and many others) offer both to get more of your money. However, you can use Go Daddy to simply register your domains and another company to host your domains (provide web sites, emails, etc). You would just have to setup the same email addresses with your new host.

Hope that helps.

Brian Milner

Back