Good Wifi Extender or amplifier?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I need a good one not sure which designation but I am trying to get a stronger wifi signal downstairs in the home

I ordered one amazon came in a brown box said from china no real instructions no number to call I returned it

I need one easy to set up

I need a good one not sure which designation but I am trying to get a stronger wifi signal downstairs in the home

I ordered one amazon came in a brown box said from china no real instructions no number to call I returned it

I need one easy to set up
Google's mesh network all day.

I have 5 beacons in my house and get great wifi everywhere, including my garage and backyard (I'm modeling my practice after @WinoBlues)

Last edited:
I have the Linksys mesh system, and I’ve setup a few of those for my previous business clients for their POS systems. You can get a decent repeater for $50, that will probably get the job done or get a stronger wireless router.

I have the Linksys mesh system, and I’ve setup a few of those for my previous business clients for their POS systems. You can get a decent repeater for $50, that will probably get the job done or get a stronger wireless router.

What I really should do I think is hire someone I got a $400 and change Netgear router not sure why I am having issues

I am just not good with tech probably something I am missing

I got a $400 and change Netgear router not sure why I am having issues

The problem is not your router, it's the system.

I have a Netgear cable MODEM and the Google mesh router + points. The house is about 3500 square feet, two levels plus sunroom. The Google router is in the center of the home on the ground level. Two points upstairs, one above the den the other at the far end of the house. Three points on the ground level, one in the front living room, another in the kitchen and the last one in our in-law suite. There is a brick wall between the kitchen and in-law suite (formerly a 2 car garage). The signal was weak in the suite so I added another point that "meshes" with the one in the kitchen.

Every room has a strong signal. My mesh setup is overkill but because of the house configuration (up and down) + brick walls and bathrooms blocking the signal from the den I needed more points than the sq footage suggested.

The Orbi mesh system from Netgear might work but I don't know enough about your system to know. Is the Netgear a modem/router combo or just a router? If it is a modem/router the Orbi might be the best (or only) way to go short of getting a new router.

Back