Google Plus Becoming Yet Another Company Failure

Well, personally I cashed myself out of all of this nonsense. I love to measure and obviously every site is different.

I had Twitter, FB and Plus. I shut all three down. I measured zero benefits from any of them and it turned into a time suck.

Of course, there are widgets and tools available where you post one thing and it automatically posts it to everything else. I fail to see the real benefit except your Twitter and FB feeds becoming junked up.

Twitter, FB and Plus become valuable when consumers get a change to interact with the company. I never saw that with my business social sites and frankly, have yet to see it with a single insurance industry social site.

You show me an insurance industry FB page and I'll show you "105 likes" and zero comments.

Again, this becomes extremely specific, but "puffery" is what a lot of small businesses want - appearing a bit larger then you are. But that gig is up when a potential vendor or advertiser hits your FB page or Twitter account and sees only 220 followers.

Well, personally I cashed myself out of all of this nonsense. I love to measure and obviously every site is different.

I had Twitter, FB and Plus. I shut all three down. I measured zero benefits from any of them and it turned into a time suck

just depends on how you use them.........

fb2-1.jpg

I had Twitter, FB and Plus. I shut all three down. I measured zero benefits from any of them and it turned into a time suck.

Of course, there are widgets and tools available where you post one thing and it automatically posts it to everything else. I fail to see the real benefit except your Twitter and FB feeds becoming junked up.

Twitter, FB and Plus become valuable when consumers get a change to interact with the company. I never saw that with my business social sites and frankly, have yet to see it with a single insurance industry social site.

You show me an insurance industry FB page and I'll show you "105 likes" and zero comments.

Again, this becomes extremely specific, but "puffery" is what a lot of small businesses want - appearing a bit larger then you are. But that gig is up when a potential vendor or advertiser hits your FB page or Twitter account and sees only 220 followers.

To be honest with you, if I used all the social media in the manner that i see recommended by the "experts", I wouldn't have time to write business. I would spend all day on the computer (which I have a tendency to do too much of as it is)

Social media is very time consuming and I don't even use Linkedin. But it's rather fun if you enjoy writing.
Each year I spend more time writing than selling. This year it's about 60% writing. Three years ago it was 20%. I hope to get to 80% in a few years.

But if you are just starting out..concentrate on selling.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get up to day social media stats like members? I think FB has now 900 Million. I thought G+ had more than 85 Million

Back