Got your series 65 but not doing anything with it?

Robert Hall

I know there are alot of producers out there that got their 65 but don't use it because they are more insurance driven producers. I'm primarily a life guy that does a ton of annuity business. I just found a way to actually use series 65 without doing the work or managing the money. I work with a guy named Justin Atkinson. He has a pretty unique concept if anyone is interested. I get paid on it but Justin does all of the work.

He is owner of an RIA. He works with agents to create agent friendly proposals that allow the annuity agent or life agent to capture 100% of the assets. He does all the work of money movement and asset management then splits the fee with the agent as long as they have a series 65 license. The agent keeps 100% of all of the insurance commissions. It has helped me increase my annuity sells because it is a well rounded proposal instead of just a annuity or .IUL pitch.

I know there are alot of producers out there that got their 65 but don't use it because they are more insurance driven producers. I'm primarily a life guy that does a ton of annuity business. I just found a way to actually use series 65 without doing the work or managing the money. I work with a guy named Justin Atkinson. He has a pretty unique concept if anyone is interested. I get paid on it but Justin does all of the work.
There are a ton of these shops.

The agent catches 25-50bps for "management" on the assets that they can't roll to an annuity b/c of suitability.

What differentiates your guy?

I have not met anyone else doing this, with friendly software for annuity producers. If anyone knows anyone else doing it, I would be interested to learn more.

Back