Grandfathered plan... Time to change?

Because of this statement, I now believe you have one of the 2 Basic PPO plans. These plans are hospital/ surgery plans. Hardly any outpatient coverage. No coverage for Mammo's, office visits, x-rays, lab or Rx's.
Had a few people buy HIPAA direct from Anthem who were sold these plans instead of the PPO Share plans! Once they figured out how bad they got shafted by the direct sales they were not happy. Nothing I could do for them as they were all outside of the 63 day window.

Look at your Anthem id card. What is the plan name?? The name will be something like, PPO Share, PPO Basic, PPO HSA, Lumenos HSA, RightPlan PPO, SmartSense or Tonik???

Because of this statement, I now believe you have one of the 2 Basic PPO plans. These plans are hospital/ surgery plans. Hardly any outpatient coverage. No coverage for Mammo's, office visits, x-rays, lab or Rx's.

Yes, it is called Individual basic PPO 1000 with life.
I am totally ok with paying for the random doctors visit as my plan is so cheap. As long as we are covered for a serious medical event,
Any feedback on that? Are the insurance companies allowed to drop us if we get sick?
If that happens, will we be able to get a new plan with a pre-existing condition?

As long as we are covered for a serious medical event,
Any feedback on that??
In Hospital coverage only. No outpatient.
Are the insurance companies allowed to drop us if we get sick??
no
If that happens, will we be able to get a new plan with a pre-existing condition?
As of 1.1.14, there are no pre existing conditions anymore.

You might consider enrolling in an ObamaCare(ACA) policy effective 1.1.19. The new policy will be loaded with wellness coverage, and, outpatient coverage. Of course, the monthly premium will be north of your current $290/mo, unless you qualify for APTC. As you have no agent, call Dave Fluker. He posted in this thread. I don't really sell under age 65 health insurance anymore. Just Medicare products.

Back