Great American Senior Benefits

Independent is the only way that makes sense to me. You can offer the best products with no restrictions. And no one is getting a cut of your pay which allows you to invest more in leads and growing your business.
It's a beautiful thing.

I loved how when I quit, my boss said that no one ever makes it as an indy. He said its very few and very hard.

That's funny, I've found it to be easier since going indy

I loved how when I quit, my boss said that no one ever makes it as an indy. He said its very few and very hard.

That's funny, I've found it to be easier since going indy

Yeah, it's real complicated. I recommend no one tries it. Your upline isn't getting fat off the money you are giving up or anything. They aren't keeping you from succeeding by limiting your products or anything. And certainly they don't have you doing unethical things out there to try to make sales.

Captive is probably OK.

Yeah, it's real complicated. I recommend no one tries it. Your upline isn't getting fat off the money you are giving up or anything. They aren't keeping you from succeeding by limiting your products or anything. And certainly they don't have you doing unethical things out there to try to make sales.

Captive is probably OK.

shhhhhhhh... someone might hear you.:nah:

I was one the original dirty dozen that started ceres senior benefits. We were all former or current pyramid life agency owners. We were made all the rightpromises, comp, health ins.lead allowance, office assistance. Plus the stated they would always have the lowest priced med supps in every market. In a few months they sold out to great american. We only found out a year later that the purchase was completed before we contracted with ceres. My office gave them a 4.2m book. Then the premium increases started. No longer competitive. Then they robbed us of our ma renewals. I knew the president was screwing an agent and using his expense account to see her. I found out that she was about to sure him and company, so I warned him. His wife found out. So all agencies in my state were termed wo cause. I had a heart attack and didn't work for months. When I came back they accused me of rolling business which I wasn't. The termed me with cause and suited me in texas courts. The won due to the fact I wouldn't go to texas. Then they filed several complaints against me with doi. I kicked their butt with doi. It cost me 10k to beat them. ASB is owned by the same lieing snakes that screwed me. No matter what they promise you, you will be screwed.

Good morning all! I am curious to see if anyone has any information good or bad on Great American Senior benefits. They claim to be a major player in the Senior Market.
I left GASB - now ASB there after 8 months. The commissions were a major haircut and they were giving you next to nothing. No free leads or marketing support. Independent is the way to go. Also they were setting agents up as captive. As an indpendent you get day 1 vesting. You earn the business and keep it. They had a 2 year vesting schedule, and then after you left you were only vested for as long as you worked there. Major BS and a way to steal my hard earned $$. IN S Florida the manager also tried to hide those facts by not fully disclosing their contracts which had these details.

I have some friends in TX with Christian Fidelity and I believe Great American Senior Benefits is the group that is consistently calling their clients and feeding them lies to get in the door. They contact the client and tell them the company has been sold, that the company made a new plan with better rates, that huge rate increases were coming, etc. All lies. It seems they have an impressive lead system so they know all about the client prior to initiating contact (company their policy is with, plan they are on, etc), which is enough to get the clients attention. Its just a shame they can't sell honestly, it isn't like there aren't better rates than CFLI.

Just for clarification are we talking about Great American Senior Benefits here or American Senior Benefits? There is a difference. In January American Senior Benefits came into existance and in my upline I am still seeing Great Amrican Senior Benefits. Not really happy about the whole situation and looking for a better opportunity. Was led to believe this was not a captive arrangement and from what Im seeing as I finally got copies of full contract thats not really the case. I know its my own fault but there was a trust factor with person I had talked with and was told not to worry.

I left GASB - now ASB there after 8 months. The commissions were a major haircut and they were giving you next to nothing. No free leads or marketing support. Independent is the way to go. Also they were setting agents up as captive. As an indpendent you get day 1 vesting. You earn the business and keep it. They had a 2 year vesting schedule, and then after you left you were only vested for as long as you worked there. Major BS and a way to steal my hard earned $$. IN S Florida the manager also tried to hide those facts by not fully disclosing their contracts which had these details.

As far as ASB, how does commission work when you leave if you're there for less than 2 years. I have an agent who left after 3 months and said she was not paid on pending business. Are they able to do that. I know you do not get residuals if you're not vested but are they able to keep your commission on pending business as well?

Back