GTL Esolution

Well, saying both Assurant and GR pay more commission than GTL I'd assume anyone who put a client with GTL already ruled out Assurant and GR.

Exactly, I recommended the Esolution yesterday to a 49 year old overweight hypertense guy who's doctor wasn't in the PHCS network-it increased the premium for CoreMed up to almost $400 and he can probably get Esolution for $260-260-he also doesn't care about Rx coverage. My commissions for CoreMed (advanced) would have been double the advance for the GTL product but I wasn't sure it would get through underwriting and I want him covered (he has no coverage and is a heart attack waiting to happen)

Ooops, overweight with HBP? Well there goes GR

Not necessarily.

Like many, including you, have pointed out before, each case is different.

6' 0" male at 265 is standard issue with GR with a rider for treatment of hypertension only (not including potential related medical issues).

Same guy with Time/John Alden (Assurant is not an issuing carrier for individual health), up to 50% load for wt plus whatever they want to tack on for the meds. Could even be a decline if the load exceeds 75%.

But what do I know? I am just another armchair guy . . .

Actually the load can far exceed 75% with Assurant depending on the state. But what do I know. I'm sure Mike's a big boy now and places people where he needs to go. Who knows - I don't write GTL. I personally don't have my clients sign any riders. But that's just me.

Yeah...my female potential clients never liked that clause. I'd like to tell them they have no liablity for the next 6 months for reproductive disorders but my Magic 8 ball is broken.

Actually the load can far exceed 75% with Assurant depending on the state. But what do I know. I'm sure Mike's a big boy now and places people where he needs to go. Who knows - I don't write GTL. I personally don't have my clients sign any riders. But that's just me.

Even with being new to the health insurance field, this is probably a stupid question... but here goes, any possible company to place the following client.
Male age 61 smoker
Female age 60 smoker
Insured with Mega ,$1,000,000 max, 1000 ded, 80/20/5000, $1225 mo
Diabetes and prozac,Would like a quote...

Aetna is most likely your only possibility. In some cases they will look at a type II diabetic. If type I forget it. The smoker + diabetes may be a deal breaker.

Move on to a better prospect.

Back