Half Way Done with 2015! What Are Your 2nd Half Goals?

I'm looking to branch out and meet some more people that reside near our other two offices. It started off as a great 2nd half of the year though - just ran into a commercial client that does seeding/silt fencing/commercial landscaping that I'm working on quoting. He is written through EMC right now, and has a 16.7k insurance premium.

Just submitted it to one of my carriers, working on accords (which suck by the way) to get it sent out to a few others.

I guess another goal is to finish this year strong & stop being so obsessed with growing growing growing & always grinding out so much new business. I have a difficult time balancing the rest of my life. In fact...all i WANT to do is write new business instead of relax...enjoy family etc. It's addictive. The income potential is so addictive it's hard to STOP and smell the roses.

My wife pointed out that I always said once I hit a certain income level I would chill out, enjoy the renewals and work less. Once we built our dream home I'd relax...enjoy the renewals & work less...

..well....I'm working more then I ever have & am less satisfied then I've ever been w/ business because i know I COULD AND SHOULD BE WRITING EVEN MORE!!

Gain 2-3 100+ groups either benefits or P&C and Lose some of the lower value accounts which are service heavy. Scrape more of the p&c premium from our benefits clients.

Grow our outbound telemarketing efforts and start adding producers by next year.

This has been great so far! Thank you, everyone, for sharing. It's interesting to see everyone's goals based on the varying stages of their careers/agencies.

No real updates, but June will be a great month for us.

Keep it coming!

Last edited:
1822...sounds like time to get off the field and start coaching...life slips by too fast

My goal for the second half is the start up of my first satellite office in another state. Exciting...especially since I'll be coaching long distance

Back