Happy New Year from Humana

In my neck of the woods a small regional PPO is paying 4%. Has the best network of the 3 GA choices. Runs a little higher than the other 2 both people choose is because their docs and the hospitals they want are in network. Have to see phow quickly they pay. This was my first foray into the individual health/ACA market. Might be my last.

Last edited:
As expected, commission cuts will not prevent Humana from leaving the ObamaCare Marketplace this year.

"We expect Humana will exit Health Insurance Exchange marketplaces in 2017 in light of this data, and focus on its Medicare Advantage book of business,” Leerink Partners analyst Ana Gupte said in a research note on Friday."

Source: Humana latest insurer to have big problems under ObamaCare | Fox News

Commission cuts are nothing more than companies taking advantage of the situation to hurt agents and brokers. Cutting our pay has negligible positive impact on their bottom line.

The house of cards will be in a full free fall by March-April. Not only 4th quarter earnings reports but DOI rates should be submitted.

Should the DOI refuse the 30-40% rate hikes the carriers will focus on the group, medicare and medicaid markets.

Ah, do you short the carrier stocks or at least buy puts options on them before earning announcements??

Back