Happy Treason Day!

I'm not ignoring the issue at all. You're pushing merit. That's not what our politics is about.

Which I granted. But WHY did the D's think having Biden announce he would be choosing a woman (and giving the heavy impression it would be a woman "of color) before choosing an actual candidate would be a good political move?

Do you think that Sarah Palin was John McCain's running mate base merit or to help him get elected because he thought women would be more inclined to vote for him?

I think it was mostly a play to draw in voters much further to the right of him who considered him a "liberal" along with a touch of what you're saying. And McCain (rightfully) hated it. Notice he didn't publicly make a point to say he would be choosing from a list of women before his choice was made.

Elected office isn't about merit. It's about electability. That's not to say that Kalama Harris didn't work hard for her position, but the President and VP dynamic isn't about who was the best policymakers. It's about two major points:

1) Who can the President work with.
2) Who can help them win by adding something to the ticket.

Considering she was an incredibly unpopular D candidate and had publicly implied he was a racist, how am I not supposed to conclude signaling identity politics was the factor here?

This is a fallacy, but I'll only speak for myself..

Which fallacy is it? (Hint; none)

I was born and raised in Charleston, SC. My school education glorified the Civil War and downplayed slavery.

I live in NMI which is 92% white and Conservative.

I've grown up around Conservative politics my entire life. My family, who are largely apolitical, have Conservative viewpoints.

I went to night school for business. I don't watch 24 hour news networks or opinion shows for the exception of 30 minutes of Last Week Tonight, because I think John Oliver is funny...

I don't believe in things because some external force indoctrinatinf me. I believe in them because the current Conservative talking points are bullshit and are a power grab using "owning Libs" and all these culture war things are a existential threat to society.

Here's some non-bullshit, your anecdotal experience aside. Paulo Freire's book "Pedagogy of the Opressed" is one of the most influential pieces of work in US education today. Teachers ARE taught that it is their job to awaken a "critical consciousness" in children, which is, essentially, to "awaken" them to the "systems of oppression" that are shaping our lives so they can "transform" them. Neo-Marxist indoctrination to a T. It is real, it is widespread, and it is the reason young people have the opinions they do about capitalism, oppression, privilege, etc.

Conservatives didn't lose the House, Senate, and Presidency because of indoctrination. They lost it because they hitched their wagon to a horrible President and people (especially the important independent voters, which I consider myself) bailed.

They lost for a plethora of reasons. They'll lose more 10-15 years down the road and on due to the indoctrination. And liberals will too, because leftism isn't liberal.

Instead of looking at why they lost and trying to get an actual message, the plan is to change election laws based on a lie, hitch themselves to the same loser, and pull the same playbook as they did with Obama.

First, the election laws aren't at all unreasonable or restrictive. THAT is bullshit.

Second, the Republican establishment is completely inept. I have nothing good to say about their political strategy.

Will it work? Maybe for the House as the margins are thin and it's a redistricting year. Luckily that's all they need to try to hold off until the next Presidential election cycle.

At the same time, Senate Democrats are too dumb to not use the exact same playbook as they did in 2008-2010 have to maintain power while they have the chance to make popular policy changes.

Maybe not popular to you, but while Conservatives are the overwhelming majority on this forum, their the minority in the United States.

No. Of the relevant political positions in the US, progressives/leftists are the minority. Their influence FAR outweighs their numbers. Socially, this is due to the success of "The Long March Through the Institutions" strategy. Politically, it's because the D's have become unviable nationally without leftists considering them the "lesser of two evils".

Last edited:
My 3 kids 18-23 are almost too young to remember a November Presidential election with quality likeable human candidates on the ticket.

I'm 53 and I can barely remember such a candidate. I did like Bush Sr., and I voted for him. I never voted for Clinton but in hindsight I have to admit the 90's were a pretty good time (he f'd us with NAFTA though, imo). Voted for Dubya the first time, then I wrote in Ron Paul in 2004, 2008, and 2021. I voted for Hillary to keep a promise I made to my grandma on her deathbed that if Hillary were ever the nominee I'd give my vote to my grandma and "pull the lever" for Hillary so my grandma could look down and know she did finally get a chance to vote for a woman for President. I voted for Biden to get rid of Trump.

Can't say I'm happy about any of those cotes other than Bush Sr. I think he was an honest and honorable man as far as politicians go. I am happy I voted for Hillary because I promised my grandma I would, and I love her and miss grandma dearly. She passed 21 years ago this month. I'd throw the whole government overboard for one more week with my grandma.

I love how Travis likes to constantly reference the "big lie".

Let's take a moment to reflect on just 2 of the many lies from the left that NEVER get challenged by any leftist.
  • Stacy Abrams would be the governor of GA had it not been for voter suppression. Leftists say this shit all the time despite 0 evidence to support this claim.
  • Russia hacked our 2016 election and Trump colluded with them. 2 years of investigating and millions of dollars spent. No evidence to support such a charge. Yet today this is still a very common sentiment from leftists.
People on the left are by far the biggest liars. They can do so with impunity because the media is on their side.

Incoming Travis saying, some Russian agent ran a FB ad campaign that had 100k impressions lol.

I'm 53 and I can barely remember such a candidate. I did like Bush Sr., and I voted for him. I never voted for Clinton but in hindsight I have to admit the 90's were a pretty good time (he f'd us with NAFTA though, imo). Voted for Dubya the first time, then I wrote in Ron Paul in 2004, 2008, and 2021. I voted for Hillary to keep a promise I made to my grandma on her deathbed that if Hillary were ever the nominee I'd give my vote to my grandma and "pull the lever" for Hillary so my grandma could look down and know she did finally get a chance to vote for a woman for President. I voted for Biden to get rid of Trump.

Can't say I'm happy about any of those cotes other than Bush Sr. I think he was an honest and honorable man as far as politicians go. I am happy I voted for Hillary because I promised my grandma I would, and I love her and miss grandma dearly. She passed 21 years ago this month. I'd throw the whole government overboard for one more week with my grandma.

Based on your endorsement, I want to write in Grandma in 2024

Back