Harleysville Insurance Group

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am interested in getting Harleysville in my agency. I know now they are part of Nationwide however I can't seem to find any information about becoming an independent agent with Harleysville. Everything keeps leading me back to Nationwide. Anyone have any insight or may be able to point me in the right direction.

Not sure about the northeast, but they are pulling out of north carolina in personal lines and giving all Harleysville agents an Allied appointment.

I called their regional office when I got appointed with them and got the territory managers phone number that way. They have different guys for commercial and personal and a seperate appointment for each.

Haha I looked everywhere for that!

Have you looked into them or appointed with them in NJ ?

I'm not appointed with them and haven't tried. Don't want to be appointed directly with too many carriers as it would be hard to make all carriers happy

Are you looking for personal or commercial?

Mostly Personal. I'd take the commercial if I could get it. Is one easier to get over the other?

As I mentioned my main carrier is Erie in NY however I am on the boarder on NJ and Erie does not write in NJ. Having a preferred carrier like Harleysville in NJ would really help.

Im not sure where you are at exactly, and this may vary by state, but Harleysville wont write any property insurance in a county touch the ocean or any county touching a county that's touching the ocean.

Harleysville has been a very good company that compliments Erie very well for us.

For us they wanted 100k personal in years 1 and 2 for the appointment.

For commercial (which we don't have), they wanted 250k year 1. They don't do monoline work comp and they are better at middle market stuff.

They are a good company that a lot of other agencies don't have. We are hating that they decided to pull out of NC.

Im not sure where you are at exactly, and this may vary by state, but Harleysville wont write any property insurance in a county touch the ocean or any county touching a county that's touching the ocean.

Harleysville has been a very good company that compliments Erie very well for us.

For us they wanted 100k personal in years 1 and 2 for the appointment.

For commercial (which we don't have), they wanted 250k year 1. They don't do monoline work comp and they are better at middle market stuff.

They are a good company that a lot of other agencies don't have. We are hating that they decided to pull out of NC.

Thank you for the info. I'm not really by an ocean but I am pretty much right on the Hudson River. I filled out an application so hopefully I'll hear a response back.

Back