Has UCT Gone Belly Up?

thomasm

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nebraska
I received a letter on Ameritas letterhead that United Commerical Travelers (UCT) wasn't able to improve their surplus back to minimum standards with the Ohio DOI since being placed under supervision, and my dental and vision policies are being terminated with new polices being issued by Ameritas.

Is this the end for UCT?

Same. My customers got the letter. I wonder how does commission work. They move my customers without notifying me and my customers are paying more now. I’m not in Ohio either.

I received a letter on Ameritas letterhead that United Commerical Travelers (UCT) wasn't able to improve their surplus back to minimum standards with the Ohio DOI since being placed under supervision, and my dental and vision policies are being terminated with new polices being issued by Ameritas.

Is this the end for UCT?
That doesn't sound good.

They stopped accepting new business 5/19/2023

mail

Important Message​

“Effective Immediately, we are voluntarily suspending the acceptance of new applications for all products due to last quarters filings that showed we have dropped below the minimum statutory surplus limit.”

Customer service will continue to service existing policies/policy holders/providers. In addition, the processing of claims will not be affected and will continue as usual.

We thank you for your support and understanding during this time.

The Order of United Commercial Travelers of America​

mail

If you have any questions,
please contact Agent Services at
614.487.9680​

Same. My customers got the letter. I wonder how does commission work. They move my customers without notifying me and my customers are paying more now. I’m not in Ohio either.
Just received notice from my client, that had a short term care policy.
They were moved to a company I'm not contracted with IdeaLife. Checked my email they did send notice 01/02/2024. Guess I will have to move them as their not happy and are paying more.Not to mention I'm not interested in Joining yet another company

Yeah, the transition wasn't handled very well to say the least. Never received anything from UCT about this. Just from the company taking over. But I guess when you've gone belly up, contacting former customers is the last thing on your mind. Our neighborhood funeral home that was in business over 50 years recently went belly up. One day the owners (the heirs I think) just turned off the lights, locked the doors, and walked away leaving corpses still in their coffins, and cremated remains in the oven!

Back