Have You Ever Gotten Sick on an Appt?

I have gotten a case of diarrhea. _Just_ made it to their bathroom. And was there for a while. I was about three hours from home. That was a long trip.

Always flush as you go and carry a book of matches out of courtesy for your prospects. :biggrin:

I had a few dogs scare the _____ out of me..Client said just pull in driveway when appt. was confirmed..I asked about a dog and they said he would be put away..

I get out of car and then lean back in to get briefcase and when I went to get out and close the door I turn around and I'm facing Marmaduke. I almost had a heart attack....LOL..Yea it's funny now.

Didnt get sick, but almost pissed myself from trying not to laugh.......

Client opens the door, bald as a doorknob, lets me in, tells me where to sit, goes to the bedroom and comes out with a head full of rug.......put on crooked of course cause he was apparently in a rush to cover up the glare!

I once started getting a migraine sitting at a couple's kitchen table. I get "auras" which is a big blurry spot right in the middle of your vision. The aura moves and I was trying to read the application around the blurry spot. Finally finished the ap's when the aura went away replaced by a killer headache and nausea. Rough night.

Another time I got a kidney stone attack, first one I ever had. The most intense pain I ever experienced. Excused myself and left. Drove home with my wife on the phone with me scared to death I was dying. The pain lasted until I got home, about 30-40 minutes. Surprised I didn't wreck as it was very hard to drive. Rougher night.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I THINK THE ONLY TIME i EVER GOT SICK WAS WHEN THE CLIENT WAS REALLY REALLY UGLY!!!!!!!!

Sure it wasn't a mirror.
lmao-2.gif

Last edited:
I once started getting a migraine sitting at a couple's kitchen table. I get "auras" which is a big blurry spot right in the middle of your vision. The aura moves and I was trying to read the application around the blurry spot. Finally finished the ap's when the aura went away replaced by a killer headache and nausea. Rough night.

The same happened to me once as well and the kind lady made me stretch out on her couch with my arm over my eyes when her friend came by. She inquired who I was and the client informed her that I was her financial adviser. To cut the long story short, the friend bought, too. I abhor migraines.

I went to a home to give a med supp presentation. We were sitting at the kitchen table, I had to fart so bad I couldn't stand it. I kept sucking it back, the chairs were hardwood, I couldn't get up to excuse myself, because I was afraid it would sound like a fog horn. After a while, it eased up somewhat, just in time for me to leave. I made the sale, but it was the longest presentation I ever made.

The worse thing about those stories is you can make a mistake, and mistakes are for losers. I always tell myself that it's better to reschedule than to mess something up.

Last week I went to an appt. mid afternoon, with a headache and thought that I'd screwed up the price on two apps, and had taken a check for the wrong amount. I convinced myself that I had done this and woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it.

This was the most expensive client that I have in my file cabinets. I called to confirm the price the next day with the carrier, and it was right. I was lucky, because with the headache, anything could have happened. I was surprised that I even gave him the correct forms.

On a good note I did go to a clients home and as I walked up to the house I smelled some good food..She was one of those women who completely over cooks in case company comes over or just because she cooking... After the business was done her husband pert near made me stay for dinner..He kept pushing food on me so he wouldn't have to eat it..He was like that's all you want? Eat like a man..LOL

He said he loves his wife's cooking but she just makes too much and he had a hard time taking off gained weight from over the years.. I almost ate myself to sleep and they gave me tupper ware to take home full of food. Everytime I did a review or had to see them for some reason I ate like it was Thanksgiving.. The best Mexican food I ever had...I just wish I asked for the names of some of the dishes she made..

That woman could cook..

Once while inspecting and (denying) a mobile home water damage claim, I lifted a large piece of plywood the insureds had placed over the floor in the laundry nook area. The floor underneath was rotten and falling in. I took a breath and had to bee-line out the door with dry heaves because of the smell of the rot and mold.
Now that I think about it, I swear they were cooking a large pot of body parts on the stove too. Very Texas-chain-sawish experience.

Latest posts

Back