Health Sherpa 2016 Open Enrollment

Not a pleasant pill to be swallowing - no doubt.

At HealthSherpa, it's important to us that we're always setting our sights to providing *the* best ACA enrollment experience, second to none. Besides our optimized and fast enrollment (which should remain industry-leading), we have a CRM system for enrollment tracking, branded personalized websites, ability to send quotes and have users go through our consumer-friendly flow, offer credit for non-appointed enrollments, etc. If we're not meeting your needs, let us know and as we've tried to show here, we can make the necessary code changes and push them live within hours. We're not quitting on you ever - we're paying attention after hours, over the weekend, and holidays too.

Building a leading enrollment platform also means that we need to make revenue and support our product and engineering teams, as well as our agent support team who are solving hundreds of individual questions every single day, and help ensure that your applications go through properly.

Currently, enrollment fees are our primary source of revenue, and it's how you help us offer the best enrollment solution we can. We've lowered our prices in the past and might again in the future. Your feedback here is certainly a big consideration. Note though that this has to be weighed against other realities, and also that changing in the middle of OEP is that much more difficult due to previous commitments and planning.

For now, look forward to getting your feedback on the adjusted flow when you're able to try it, and keeping this dialogue open.

- Gerry from HealthSherpa

Gerry,

I wish you guys luck, heck I wish myself luck. This is a very difficult time for all of us. We are trying to enroll as many people as we can and the Gov't works to prevent it. We enroll them and they kick them off. It's an up hill battle.

I would have a lot more confidence in Sherpa had they not made so many goofy mistakes this year with all the changes to the site. They were dumb and unnecessary and then you got our feedback and have to go back in and reconfigure things (back to the way they were). Having said that "If it ain't broke don't FREAKIN fix it".

I hope you guys can figure out a business model that works for you and can benefit us too.

I enrolled someone this morning as the system has not changed yet (tomorrow is my understanding). Will we need to go back and re-do the applications submitted prior to the change or will they go through as is?

I enrolled someone this morning as the system has not changed yet (tomorrow is my understanding). Will we need to go back and re-do the applications submitted prior to the change or will they go through as is?

All apps should still be going through fine; no resubmission required. We would've paused the enrollment flow if we believed otherwise.

Does anyone know of a reason why an app completed on Sherpa wouldn't show up when going through the back door at hc.gov? Had a woman complete an app yesterday and she chose the wrong plan. Was going to go in the back door and see if we couldn't correct it, but when I search for the app, it can't be found. We have the FFM I.D. and all of the other particulars, but can't seem to locate it.

Any suggestions from the experts (or Health Sherpa)?

Does anyone know of a reason why an app completed on Sherpa wouldn't show up when going through the back door at hc.gov? Had a woman complete an app yesterday and she chose the wrong plan. Was going to go in the back door and see if we couldn't correct it, but when I search for the app, it can't be found. We have the FFM I.D. and all of the other particulars, but can't seem to locate it.

Any suggestions from the experts (or Health Sherpa)?

Make sure that you don't put an extra space after typing the name (that common error results in no application being found). The name has to be exactly as shown on the app (it should match what is on her eligibility letter). Thanks to PostQuartermaster for sharing these tips before!

Make sure that you don't put an extra space after typing the name (that common error results in no application being found). The name has to be exactly as shown on the app (it should match what is on her eligibility letter). Thanks to PostQuartermaster for sharing these tips before!

Trust me, I've tried all possible scenarios and still get "no matches found".

Keep trying sman!
Sometimes I have to do the same entries over-and-over before an application is found-by-the-government-computer system.

not sure you can change a HS app on the backdoor of hc.gov. I tried one today, but it redirected me to hs site. Would love to know how to change it. I have a subsidy amount I need to correct.
R

I corrected an address yesterday....for a Health Sherpa app....using the BLUE ACCESS button.
I found the app (after many attempts), then reported a Life Change.
It allowed me to change the address.

Try it again, Russell.
But, don't click on the button to "Return to Enrollment Site" (button says something like that).....Returns you to Sherpa.

Just LOG OUT (of govt site) when you are finished.

Does anyone know of a reason why an app completed on Sherpa wouldn't show up when going through the back door at hc.gov? Had a woman complete an app yesterday and she chose the wrong plan. Was going to go in the back door and see if we couldn't correct it, but when I search for the app, it can't be found. We have the FFM I.D. and all of the other particulars, but can't seem to locate it. Any suggestions from the experts (or Health Sherpa)?

Make sure she didn't click 2015 app? Just thinking all possible scenarios

Back