Hello Everyone!

LOL....sheer entertainment on these boards.

Rose, I second what Sportsnut just posted. Thought you said you did a lot of research into this business before you licensed. So how does that happen that you don't have a gameplan?

Like what agency or product or market you will concentrate on. Most of us here initially probably answered an ad and got started selling that product(s). And yes, you better have some good comeback replies....this is not customer service at KOHL'S.

Few of us are like Caroline Kennedy who decides to be NY senator and doors open. :laugh:

gzpxyj - this is your second spam post in an attempt to recruit people. Please read for forum rules. At a bare minimum let's know:

1) Your name
2) What you're offering

Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to say that I am very motivated/excited! I just passed my life/health state of MI exam :)

The problem is, I am unsure where to go from here. I do not think that I have enough start up money...or experience, of course..to go independent.

I am going to have to keep my part time job for as long as I can, until I can make some income. I expect that will take awhile :)

My question is, how should I get started?
Should I try and get a job with an insurance co? If so, who are the good ones? lol
I would like something preferably where I can work from home ( night and day if I have to) to have some flexibility.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to be successful at this! Any suggestions/tips would be very helpful. Thanks!!

Nice to "meet" all of you.

Rose

Do not buy leads from anyone for at least a year!

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on here.

You had made mention that we're all "real" nice. The reality is that in this business it is a grind in the beginning. But hey just like any small business owner, you have the flexibility to do anything you want. You even have the flexibility to go broke, which many do. If you are looking for somebody to sugar coat things for you this is not the place. We are going to give you direct and honest feedback, if you do not like it; re-phrase your question. I look forward to your future post's.

gzpxyj - this is your second spam post in an attempt to recruit people. Please read for forum rules. At a bare minimum let's know:

1) Your name
2) What you're offering

Interesting! I only be in this forum one day and I already have two spam post! great! Thank you for letting me know.

I am independent and have my own agency in Michigan. I will have my homepage listed in my profile here soon so I can legitimate my recruiting in this forum.

Congratulations on passing your exam. I would suggest working with an organization where you can develop leads. You can then pass them on to their back office in order to complete the sales for you while sharing commissions. An organization like this will assist you with quoting, enrolling and servicing your block of business.

Another option is to contract with carriers that will allow you to sell over the telephone and via the internet. This option will enable you to work nights and weekends while your transitioning into the industry. Good luck.

Depending on the rules of your State, if you are new, learn under someone in exchange for less money. The leads are very important, along with your salesmanship and product knowledge.

Insurance is more of a career and less a part time endeavor.
The really wealthy agents are the ones that find a niche or specialty with large commissions (I am thinking LTC and annuities?) and less competition (than say auto, life or health).

To get that special knowledge, you have to train under someone. Find a GA or MGA willing to take on a new producer.

Joe

Back