Hello Insurance Forums - I am new here

I am a new independent life insurance agent too (couple of months in the industry as a Licensed Life, Health Agent). And I wish I saw this forum before I started! Better late than never, I just joined. =)

Glad your here. Proceed with caution, most folks here aren't licensed agents they just pretend. :laugh:

Just kidding, most are licensed agents, the just can't sell. :laugh::laugh:

No,no, what I mean is... welcome to the funny farm. ;)

Glad your here. Proceed with caution, most folks here aren't licensed agents they just pretend. :laugh:

Thanks for the warning. :twitchy:

Just kidding, most are licensed agents, the just can't sell. :laugh::laugh:

LOL! Maybe not yet... and soon they will. (I am new to the industry but was able to sell a few policies, and hope to serve more families, like soon too!)

No,no, what I mean is... welcome to the funny farm. ;)

Thank you. I saw the short story below somewhere, and I think it is a MUST read for all New Life Agents for those bad days ...

"This is my life right now ...

Actually I've been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking my morning coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad.

I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything.

Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant.

In the end, the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing.

The vacuum was very unsympathetic, however, and told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it will soon blow over.

The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn't say anything.

But the doorknob told me to "get a grip". The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to, yes, you guessed it, "pull myself together!". .

May we all here at this forum get to help protect more families with Life Insurance! It's kinda hard work! =)

I am a new independent life insurance agent too (couple of months in the industry as a Licensed Life, Health Agent). And I wish I saw this forum before I started! Better late than never, I just joined. =)
Welcome to the business and the forums! (Just keep away from my clients, Tex!:1mad:)

Glad to see a newbie with a sense of humor. That will serve you well in this business!

Welcome

Organize files, design cards and sharpen pencils on your own time. Business hours are for selling.

Aggressively getting ready is expensive.

The color of your shirt, type of pen or an expensive case mean nothing to your prospects and less to your clients.

Embrace the new technology but don't discount the old tried and true.

Yes, old agents do sound grouchy. You will too.

Know that you will hit a slump and it will suck. Bad. Figure out your way to get out of it. Some of us power through, some of us step away for a family vacation, some of us choose a weekend of drunken debauchery. Slumps happen.

Notes - keep client notes so they are clients over customers. Beneficiary relationships, DOB, Jobs, kids, cell and emails. The clients are making them beneficiary for a reason. Notes on the client, they love golf, they are crazy for Chubby their Bassett Hound, religious, Veterans, and so on. Why? Because when you speak with them the next time (and if you don't someone like me will) you sound like someone that knows them not just what's his name the insurance salesman. All of those notes may add 5 minutes to your conversation and the questions are sprinkled into your presentation and fact gathering.

Everything that agents do today, some agents said couldn't be done yesterday.

A.L Williams - 'Just do it'. (Great speech)

Lastly, use the search function here. There is some great stuff in there. I wish this was around when I started.

wino-wisdom-hdr.jpg

Welcome

Organize files, design cards and sharpen pencils on your own time. Business hours are for selling.

Aggressively getting ready is expensive.

The color of your shirt, type of pen or an expensive case mean nothing to your prospects and less to your clients.

Embrace the new technology but don't discount the old tried and true.

Yes, old agents do sound grouchy. You will too.

Know that you will hit a slump and it will suck. Bad. Figure out your way to get out of it. Some of us power through, some of us step away for a family vacation, some of us choose a weekend of drunken debauchery. Slumps happen.

Notes - keep client notes so they are clients over customers. Beneficiary relationships, DOB, Jobs, kids, cell and emails. The clients are making them beneficiary for a reason. Notes on the client, they love golf, they are crazy for Chubby their Bassett Hound, religious, Veterans, and so on. Why? Because when you speak with them the next time (and if you don't someone like me will) you sound like someone that knows them not just what's his name the insurance salesman. All of those notes may add 5 minutes to your conversation and the questions are sprinkled into your presentation and fact gathering.

Everything that agents do today, some agents said couldn't be done yesterday.

A.L Williams - 'Just do it'. (Great speech)

Lastly, use the search function here. There is some great stuff in there. I wish this was around when I started.

View attachment 8060
Great post!! :noteworthy::noteworthy::noteworthy:

Back