Help! Customer Needs 20% Ins Coverage

Turbo3.8

Expert
Husband and Wife.
They have medicaid which covers 80%.
They are looking for a separate policy to cover the additional 20% for hospital care and surgery care.

Any recommendations?

Husband and Wife.
They have medicaid which covers 80%.
They are looking for a separate policy to cover the additional 20% for hospital care and surgery care.

Any recommendations?

Medicaid covers 100% although there could be share of cost but that is not a percentage. Are you talking Medicare?

If so, you should just refer this case to an agent that works in this field.

Rick

I believe so. I am new to this and usually a FE agent. But this customer called me up and wants the 20% just in case. How much can you make from this sort of policy? Renewals?

I believe so. I am new to this and usually a FE agent. But this customer called me up and wants the 20% just in case. How much can you make from this sort of policy? Renewals?

Since you don't know what the client actually wants, probably you would make zero.

You should be more concerned about finding out what the problem actually is and then solving it rather than asking how much you can make.

You don't even know what they need - and neither do any of us.

Rick

They want the 20% covered. Right now they only have 80% covered. The 20% will be for hospital stays, surgery.

They want the 20% covered. Right now they only have 80% covered. The 20% will be for hospital stays, surgery.
If they are on Medicaid there is no 20% due to them, as mentioned. If they are on Medicare, there is no 20% due to them for hospital stays, because 20% is the coinsurance for Part B, and hospital stays are covered under Part A, where there is no coinsurance, just a deductible.

I agree with the others who have posted that what they really need is an experienced agent who knows what they have and then knows how to help them

Please don't try this yourself until you know what you're doing. I would hate to rewrite the policy you wrote because you screwed it up. I am not a fan of cleaning up other agent's messes. Where are you located? We can get someone to handle the client and then get you educated.

Im the master of all things related to this 20% topic... deal with it all the time... I suggest you refer it to me chop chop so i can provide it the attention that it deserves.... at that point i will give it to rick... he need to fuel his plane... carry on

Back