Help finding a mentor in my area

If you were just starting out or thinking of getting into insurance sales, where would you start if you were looking to find a mentor?

I would first start with the reality that it just doesn't exist. Then I would find the best place to learn for a beginner, depending on what I wanted to sell. I learned and am still learning from the School of hard knocks.

I have my Health license but plan to get my Life insurance license soon because of this forum. I really want to help disabled and older folks get the best insurance possible.

First, you need to help yourself, before you become a philanthropist.

Disabled and old folks can be a good market. Broke, disabled and old folks, not for me. But some guys make bank working them.

Look in the mirror to find your best mentor. Just being honest.

No one succeeds in this business without people to learn from.

However, waiting for someone to show up and have all your answers won't yield much. There's more help, advice, guidance, and ideas than ever before in the history of our industry. We just need to winnow it down to figure out what is the best for US, both for what we want to do and our stage in the business.

Everybody wants a mentor, I know it sounds great. Teach me your secrets. What does a mentor get ? If the right incentive is not there for the mentor then why would they teach you the inner secrets of the business ?

Back