Help Me Find a Company to Write for

My GA works through a Life BGA for life contracts, so yes, I could take that approach. Find a prospect, find the need, do the app, then get contracting work, etc etc. However, that means I'd STILL be doing my life business under my GA's umbrella. Since my contract blatantly says "the agent can compete with the agency in any way", I do NOT have to put my life business through the agency. Also, why would I, when the GA takes 50% of all commission even thought the agency provides zero support or leads for life in any way shape or form.

Your approach is helpful, but it still doesn't solve my problem. I want the life business to be my own show, period, completely separate from my GA.

Currently in the process of chatting with Assurity. Any other companies I should look into?

Would it be possible to end my BGA's contract with American National and get myself directly contracted? I really really really want to continue working with American National.

You missed my point.

YOU can work through YOUR OWN upline OUTSIDE of your GA.

You do not need your GA to contract through an IMO/FMO/BGA/etc. You can do it all on your own.

If you dont have to go through your GAs upline.... then go get your own... its not that complicated??? ... I even gave you a referral to an excellent choice for your needs (who offers assurity along with any other company you would ever need)

You can cancel your current ANICO contract and move it to direct.

You are making this way too complicated. Find YOUR OWN upline OUTSIDE of your GA. Run your life biz through them the way I suggested. Simple and done.

Last edited:
You missed my point.

YOU can work through YOUR OWN upline OUTSIDE of your GA.

You do not need your GA to contract through an IMO/FMO/BGA/etc. You can do it all on your own.

If you dont have to go through your GAs upline.... then go get your own... its not that complicated??? ... I even gave you a referral to an excellent choice for your needs (who offers assurity along with any other company you would ever need)

You can cancel your current ANICO contract and move it to direct.

You are making this way too complicated. Find YOUR OWN upline OUTSIDE of your GA. Run your life biz through them the way I suggested. Simple and done.

OOOOOHHHH I sincerely apologize. I understand what you mean now. I had no idea I could get contracted through a BGA myself.

I thought it wasn't allowed for agents to work for more than one company or agency?

Just called ANICO and they said it must be 6 months of no written business before I can go from an agency to independent.

Last edited:
OOOOOHHHH I sincerely apologize. I understand what you mean now. I had no idea I could get contracted through a BGA myself.

I thought it wasn't allowed for agents to work for more than one company or agency?

Just called ANICO and they said it must be 6 months of no written business before I can go from an agency to independent.

Call Pinney Insurance and talk to them. They have Anico, so you could just move your current Anico contract over to them instead of going direct.

You can work with as many uplines as you want to. You just cant always have two different uplines for the same carrier. Personally, I work with about 5 different IMOs for various contracts/lines of business. The reason being is that they all bring something different to the table for that line of business. Also, if one relationship goes south I have others I trust that I can just transfer the contracts over to.

But for now you just need one single good one. And Pinney is excellent for life insurance sales, especially term & gul.

Call Pinney Insurance and talk to them. They have Anico, so you could just move your current Anico contract over to them instead of going direct.

You can work with as many uplines as you want to. You just cant always have two different uplines for the same carrier. Personally, I work with about 5 different IMOs for various contracts/lines of business. The reason being is that they all bring something different to the table for that line of business. Also, if one relationship goes south I have others I trust that I can just transfer the contracts over to.

But for now you just need one single good one. And Pinney is excellent for life insurance sales, especially term & gul.

Wow, just ran a search on Mr. Pinney and he is a bona fide Top Producer. 30 years MDRT and Top of the Table performance! Does he post in this forum?

Back