Help Placing Past Breast Cancer Client

Really just need to call an underwriter at a term company or two. Try Genworth at 1-888-436-9678. They don't ask if you're currently appointed with them or not.

Sorry to highjack, but... I am trying to place a 69 female with history of breast cancer (dx 10/2002) with metastasis of lymph nodes in right arm.

Treated in 2002 with radical masectomy of right breast and 20/21 lymph nodes. Radiation and chemo.

cancer free since.

Now she is trying to find $100K to $250K term or other. Any suggestions?

Before you call fill out a Cancer questionnaire. You are going to need much more info. The plus is it has been 13 years.

Personally I would shop it to a brokerage that has several companies. That way if it goes south with company A they have everything already and can send to company B.

Before you call fill out a Cancer questionnaire. You are going to need much more info. The plus is it has been 13 years.

Personally I would shop it to a brokerage that has several companies. That way if it goes south with company A they have everything already and can send to company B.

Reason I like Genworth is that you don't have to ask all of the pages of health questions. Just talk to an underwriter and get a good table to start with and let your customer know the ballpark price that it's looking to be. Unless it's over $250,000, you can just submit a preapplication online with no signatures required, so if they're interested in applying, you won't have to even go by to see them. Exam One takes the pre-application process from there and calls the client for a phone interview and schedules a paramed exam. From there it's just the amount of time for medical records to get to the underwriters. This part of the process can take 4-6 weeks sometimes. That's why it's important to get the phone interview and paramed exam completed as soon as possible so the records can then be ordered.

Reason I like Genworth is that you don't have to ask all of the pages of health questions. Just talk to an underwriter and get a good table to start with and let your customer know the ballpark price that it's looking to be. Unless it's over $250,000, you can just submit a preapplication online with no signatures required, so if they're interested in applying, you won't have to even go by to see them. Exam One takes the pre-application process from there and calls the client for a phone interview and schedules a paramed exam. From there it's just the amount of time for medical records to get to the underwriters. This part of the process can take 4-6 weeks sometimes. That's why it's important to get the phone interview and paramed exam completed as soon as possible so the records can then be ordered.

I like the system as well. Although Genworth can be very slow to issue and seem to APS deals to death.

My suggestion to have a Cancer questionnaire done before shopping it was so that he can get the most accurate rate going in. Better chance of placement after issue in my opinion.

ONL, Cincinatti and Protective have similar submission options to just name a few. Have you looked at Pinney? Even easier.

Lee

Yep, use protective as well for 30 year policies since Genworth stopped offering it. They're also one of the best priced on UL policies.

Back