Hidden Pages on Website

secondcreek

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does it help to have keyword rich pages that are "hidden" from your menu?

In essence is this what a landing page is?

Is putting targeted local keyterm search words on a page a legitimate/useful/appropriate way to go? If so, then I would think you could do this for several small towns/cities on separate pages within the same website.

What is the current line of thinking on this? This seems supported by some things I read and disapproved by other things I read--which seems to be the case with most topics related to doing your own SEO etc.

I have talked to a couple of different places about building a website for me. Quickly realized that I am going to have to learn from the ground up on how to do this myself. And it is going to be painful...

I think this is one of the most useful parts of the forum and really appreciate the tips that have been shared in previous posts.

For those kind enough to respond please keep it simple.

Why wouldn't you want it linking back to your site?

If you go the WordPress route, they're pretty easy to put together and you can always dress it up down the road. The other thing is that you can have a blog and each blog post is going to read as an individual page. No reason you can't just keep a running blog for each of the keywords you're looking for and use that as a way of picking up traffic. In fact, that's one of the things that makes WordPress such an attractive option.

Even if you don't link your home page to it, if you want the pages ranked Google will need to index them.

As long as the hidden page has backlinks then it will get indexed by Google. Create your pages and then bookmark it on Delicious, stumbleupon and add links on other sites.

As long as the hidden page has backlinks then it will get indexed by Google. Create your pages and then bookmark it on Delicious, stumbleupon and add links on other sites.

You are missing the point. He wants to rank the pages with Google but hide the fact that its a spam page. Sorry if u want those pages ranked, they have to be indexed. And Google will know what is on the page.

You are missing the point. He wants to rank the pages with Google but hide the fact that its a spam page. Sorry if u want those pages ranked, they have to be indexed. And Google will know what is on the page.

What makes you say it's a spam page?

Latest posts

Back