High Premium MA Plans... are they worth it ???

I think some of those are on grandfathered plans who are paralyzed by plan change aversion (at least in my markets)
. As the carriers keep gaming the Star Ratings with new and improved plan offerings, the stubborn old fogies stay on their overpriced dinosaur plans.

It’s very very rare to run into those . When I do I lick my chops . As you said the company sure as hell won’t call those to change as they make a fortune on them .

I have a few on high cost plans, but the clients asked for them, and won't change them, and are almost annoyed by an alternate presentation. I can't really say that "they're wrong".

If they go to the hospital; I had one lady stay for three weeks, and her cost was $0 for the stay and very little otherwise...she's never giving it up.

It’s very very rare to run into those . When I do I lick my chops . As you said the company sure as hell won’t call those to change as they make a fortune on them .

It’s like they
premium doesn't reflect quality of the plan, a lot of the times it's the total opposite.

If CMS cared, it would make the carrier transition their members into the newer, more reasonably priced plan option.

Back