Home Dialer and CRM Server

ksigmtsu

Guru
1000 Post Club
I don't know what the interest level for this will be, but I have a new service I'm offering.

For 100 dollars, plus the cost of the computer, I'll install vicidial, configure the trunking, configure vtiger on the box, test it, then ship it out to you in a state where you'd just need to plug in to your home or office network and you'd own your own 5-8 agent multiline dialer and crm.

No monthly fees, minutes for less than 1.5 cents per minute for talk time.

Average agent uses less than 10$ a week.

I'll be willing to do 2 of them for people at cost of hardware and cost of shipping alone, for review purposes.

That means for about 150$ you can own your own exclusive dialer and crm server.

It would be using a voip trunk, however, since the server sits in your office or home network, you're cutting out half the travel time via the internets, and your server wouldn't be overloaded to hell like most of the shared servers running leased voip are.

Dirty secret about call quality on voip, part of the reason the voip dialers seem bad is that they're setting up things incorrectly and overloading the boxes to get more profit per installed box.

A core 2 quad with 4 gigs of ram can only handle 35 agents reliably without problems, and needs a 5/5 connection. Call origination per second has to be set properly, or you end up with a bad connection. Codecs have to be set up properly. If one of those things is done wrong, the system will not perform up to standards. The older branched off versions that have been private labeled also tend to not perform as well, as they are missing a lot of the new upgrades.

There are lots of places you can do it wrong.

A good pentium 4 with a gig of ram can run about 10 agents reliably, and the audio quality, as most anyone on the forum who has spoken with me on the phone will attest, is as good as any land line if you do it the right way.

Your expenses would be tech support and customization as you want it via me at 50$ an hour or whoever you want to do it (you're not tied to me, you own the box), electricity, .0144 cents per minute for talk time only, and 1.49 per number for inbound numbers.

You'd have all the advantages and disadvantages of ownership.

I am interested. Excuse the non techy questions, but I do have a couple more.

How do you get a phone number?

Who provides the per minute service? By that I mean, who exaclty am I paying .0144 cents/minute to for inbound or 1.49 cents/minute for outbound calls?

Can I choose my phone number/area code that is displayed on caller ID?

How does voice mail work?

I only do my work off my laptop, would I need more equptment than the $100 service you offer and would you need access to my computer, or is it plug and play what you ship out?

I'm the only agent that will be using this, be honest - compare your service to call fire which was what I was going to go with.

Thanks!

The 2 "review copies" have been taken.

It's going to take me about 2 weeks turnaround time, then we'll have some reviews of the boxes themselves and how they work.

If you want to figure out your expenses difference.

Rental of Mojo = 150$ a month
Salesdialers or Ytel = around 100$ a month
My own hosted dialer = 90$ a month
Radius = free to start, does eventually need to be paid for
AgencyIq = around 35 a month
My hosted SugarCRM copies = 25 a month

Between a dialer and a CRM, you're looking at at least 115 a month hosted. They do include tech support and have more features than a base installed dialer box, however costs are:

Computer for Dialer = 120$
Install of software and testing = 150$
shipping = 30$
Total 1 time expenses = $300

Monthly average minute expenses for someone using 6 hours a day = 20$.

You break even in 3 months vs almost any hosted solution.

Tech support runs about 50$ an hour, if you break it and cant use the manual, however, do you use 2 hours tech support every month year round?

Back