Home Vs Business: What is the Right Call Ratio

mh5918a

Very general question I know, thanks for your insight.

Little background, I do Life, Med Supp, Disability, LTC & Annuities, no P&C.

Thinking it should be about 70% calls to people's homes, 30% calls to businesses, since it can be harder to reach the actual business owner.

But I may be completely wrong. What do you think?

These are all cold calls.

Very general question I know, thanks for your insight.

Little background, I do Life, Med Supp, Disability, LTC & Annuities, no P&C.

Thinking it should be about 70% calls to people's homes, 30% calls to businesses, since it can be harder to reach the actual business owner.

But I may be completely wrong. What do you think?

These are all cold calls.

I think you should pick one or the other and concentrate on that.

I agree with rousemark, but to take that a step further, your portfolio of offerings looks a lot more like it lends itself to individuals vs businesses.

Also, if an agent says they do that many different lines it usually means they do one or two, and happen to have contracts and would like to sell the others. P&C agents all the time say they do life insurance, but rarely is it more than 2% of what they actually sell. As an individual agent you're generally going to be significantly more successful by picking a product or two to really focus on and then refer the rest out to folks that really specialize in what they're offering. Back to the P&C agents, usually if they sell life they have extremely limited portfolios with little ability to really get their clients the type of products that would be considered the best for them.

Back