Homeowner carrier willing to exclude dog liability

ShannonO

Expert
Anyone know of a carrier in Washington State that will exclude dog liability? I have a really good customer with a carrier that my agency is losing the appointment with and since the policy was written they have obtained 2 Dobermans. In an effort to keep them (since if their current carrier found out they would be non-renewed so I'm reluctant to tell them to broker it to another agent), I'm trying to find a carrier willing to exclude liability for the dogs (or one that Dobermans aren't on the excluded list). It's a nice home and the dogs are sweet & well trained, but I understand a carrier's position in not wanting to take a chance.

I used to write for Farmers and we were permitted to exclude liability for the dog. Since there would appear to be a Farmers Insurance agent on just about every street corner in the West, call one and find out but your client should also make sure to back up their homeowners with a dog policy from someone else

if their current carrier found out they would be non-renewed

IF their current carrier found out?

You mean they (and/or you) are concealing a material fact from the underwriters? Don't you understand how dangerous that is to your customers and potentially to your E&O if you are complicit in the concealment?

State Farm doesnt care what breed you have. State Auto will exclude dog liability. Nationwide will allow as long as you have a good Canine citizen certificate.

Back